- Pokemon Colosseum Soundfont by alimu at 3:40 AM EDT on May 31, 2015
- Hi there!
I'm creating a new thread on this so that more people could check it out.
Here's the Colosseum soundfont v1.0. I will update it frequently with your feedback, and repost the whole soundfont again here.
There are a few issues, mainly the crescendo strings, because I think the hold and decay values are supposed to change with the tempo, and I do not know how to do that. Help on this would be appreciated.
If there are any issues please inform me so that I may check what's wrong. I used PolyPhontics, and have all the project files saved, so small changes will be easy. The instruments have their program numbers in front of their names for your convenience. Some program numbers are assigned to two instruments, which I believe depend on the channel number. I listened to the instruments and gave them names based on the sound produced.
I'll create a .dls file containing all the instruments and their respective program numbers for easier MIDI playback after the problems are fixed.
I would like to thank Nisto for the .wav samples and soneek for the ripped soundfont. I couldn't have done this without you.
Hope this helps!
Colosseum Soundfont v1.0
- by RebeccaSugar at 2:58 PM EDT on June 1, 2015
- This is absolutely insane, thanks for working on this, and nisto and soneek for the other things.
It's obviously imperfect but it's better than anything I could do, beautiful!
- by alimu at 9:28 PM EDT on June 1, 2015
- Thanks! If you could tell me what you think needs more work, that would be great!
- by gimonient at 6:52 PM EDT on August 14, 2015
- I was so excited when I found out this existed, unfortunately it's not quite working properly for me. I used szorzando to convert the files and play them and they do work however they are incredibly quiet. When I play them at a normal volume they're completely inaudible (aside from the cres strings which are slightly audible). I just thought they were broken at first but then I used a compressor and maximizer and turned my computer volume all the way up and I could hear them. Obviously doing so causes some distortion and isn't exactly ideal. I'm not sure why this is happening as I don't know all that much about soundfonts so there might be something going wrong my end. I just figured I'd let you know. But I have heard this soundfont in action, and it's amazing! Thank you so much for putting this together. I really hope I can get it working properly soon.
- by PurpleTwirler at 12:48 PM EST on December 10, 2020
- Hey, is this still being worked on? I really want to download this.
- by icecream at 1:25 PM EST on December 26, 2020
- Sadly, it is not. Another person started working on another one some time after this one, but progress on that has also stalled.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software