- Any hope for Mac users? by KoopaStarRoad at 4:27 AM EDT on June 7, 2015
- vgmtoolbox and vgmstream apparently aren't available for Mac OS X users...
Any hope for us?
Or do we have to sit there, bawling at all the Windows users?
- by 47iscool at 7:57 AM EDT on June 7, 2015
- Didn't they port wine to osx?
In case you didn't know it allows windows programs to be run on other os'. You will probably also have to download and install directx and the net framework packages from MS.
- by Kurausukun at 12:00 AM EDT on June 8, 2015
- by hcs at 8:14 AM EDT on June 8, 2015
- It should be possible to build the command line vgmstream ("test") on OSX. Try just running "make" from the test/ directory.
You may need to remove "-lvorbisfile -lmpg123" from the Makefile (line 3) if you don't have those libraries available, in that case you also want to remove #define VGM_USE_VORBIS and #define VGM_USE_MPEG (lines 13 and 14) from src/vgmstream.h
- by KoopaStarRoad at 6:11 AM EDT on June 9, 2015
Ok, I'll try to do my best. Though I don't know anything about the command line version... Maybe just a copy-paste-able version for just playing a track, first? The names are easy to edit for everyone, though, so I just need a base code.
Oh, and Bootcamp... Yeah, I can try to install Windows 8, but 1. I'm too lazy 2. I have not much space on my Mac 3. I heard viruses can come over to the original Mac.
Winebottler doesn't work either, so I'll try the command line vgmstream.
Or I do something wrong, well, I just go to Advanced, select vgmstream.exe, and I tried all of the three options (''This is an installer...'' ''This is the actual program'' etc.).
I want to learn how all this programming stuff works, but I don't know really where to begin.
edited 11:39 AM EDT June 9, 2015
- by KoopaStarRoad at 6:37 AM EDT on June 12, 2015
- Bootcamp doesn't work because my Mac won't notice my extern Disc reader >.>
And Wine, I have no idea how to use it. Everything looks like it works fine, but I don't see an UI when clicking on vgmstream. Command Line I'm not experienced with.
Maybe I'm just doing the wrong things?
What about a fool proof guide for Mac users?
EDIT: By the way, Audio Overload doesn't open .ddsp files too...
edited 11:48 AM EDT June 12, 2015
- by KoopaStarRoad at 7:39 AM EDT on June 12, 2015
For all future Mac users on this site, install Foobar2000 with Wine and a vgmstream plugin with it. It's so easy!
- by Aleks at 12:49 PM EDT on June 12, 2015
- Or you could just compile it for OS X.
Download the source from sourceforge. Remove the stuff like hcs told you.
Then open a terminal in the test folder, write "make" and you have compiled the test program.
- by kode54 at 4:49 PM EDT on June 14, 2015
- Or Cog: https://kode54.net/cog/
(File types are not associated, they must be dragged in or opened within the player, since I didn't feel like creating a complete vgmstream association profile. Plenty of other extensions are associated though.)
- by KoopaStarRoad at 3:29 AM EDT on June 16, 2015
- Whoa, thanks, thanks!
I already use Foobar2000 since I heard of it, but now I can finally use the real deal.
That's really helpful, thanks.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0038s;