- How to Play and Dump BGM in a BRSAR File! by larsenv at 11:54 AM EDT on July 1, 2015
I'm sorry if putting this in the forum wasn't OK, but I was messing around with some tools I found. I found out using Dolphin you could rip music from a BRSAR!!!
This is good for games which doesn't have any BRSTMs but have all of the BGM in the BRSAR itself.
Games like WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Animal Crossing: City Folk, or most WiiWare Games use this technique.
You will need:
A tool like Audacity to trim the music (optional)
Note: Starting on Step 4, when I tell you to press buttons, I'm talking about the key corresponding to the button that's configured in "Controller Settings" on your keyboard.
1. Optional - Open your BRSAR with the BGM in BrawlBox, and find the track with the music and make note of the filename. You don't have to do this step, but if you don't you will have to look for the BGM you want to dump using this tool.
2. Unpack the dvdroot.zip file you just downloaded. Put the BRSAR(s) with the music in it in the same folder.
3. Open Dolphin Emulator. Go to Config > Paths > DVD Root and hit Browse to find the directory mentioned in Step 2. Make sure there is nothing in the Apploader path below this option.
4. Run viewer.elf. Now hit the HOME Button and on the window that pops up, on Mode, hit the Right key thrice to enter Sound Mode.
5. Hit Down, and then hit A. Hit A to select your BRSAR or before that, hit Up or Down to select the BRSAR you want to use.
6. On the top left corner of your screen, you should see a ">" symbol next to a green square. Use the Left and Right keys to find the BGM track you want to dump. If you followed Step 1, you should select the one you found in the BRSAR.
7. Before you play the track, go into the Movie sidebar on Dolphin and select "Dump Audio". Then hit A to play the track you want to dump.
8. When you want to stop the recording, go back into the Movie sidebar and deselect "Dump Audio".
9. Now find your Dolphin directory and go into the Dump folder, then go into the Audio folder. "dspdump.wav" has your newly recorded track.
10. Optional - Use your audio editing software to edit the audio track to adjust it to how you want it.
11. Enjoy your new music rip!
- by MurraySkull at 1:13 AM EDT on July 2, 2015
- Doesn't seem to work with Bomberman Blast.
- by larsenv at 4:43 AM EDT on July 2, 2015
- Hmm... That's strange.
- by soneek at 11:51 AM EDT on July 2, 2015
- Bomberman Blast is sequenced, so Brawlbox can't convert it. I'm working on something for Wii U stuff, so I might be able to work BRSAR into it.
- by MurraySkull at 4:10 PM EDT on July 2, 2015
- Not sure what THAT has to do with it - we aren't dumping from Brawbox. Anyway, WarioWare: Smooth Moves is sequenced and it works. I think the problem might be that Bomberman Blast has "BNK" rather than "BANK". Seems to be the same format, though.
- by larsenv at 6:13 AM EDT on July 3, 2015
- That's interesting about Bomberman Blast, wouldn't imagine it'd do that. I tried it with some Wii Channels and they worked great.
Also, if you dump the WarioWare: Smooth Moves music I'd be interested in having it, I never found a complete rip of it.
At least you can rip music without sound effects playing with this, and no line in recording is required...
- by MurraySkull at 11:26 PM EDT on July 7, 2015
- Seems the problem is the filename, specifically that it contains capitals. If I change the filename to "bl5_sound.brsar" (bl4_sound.brsar is the name for Bomberman Land Wii), it works fine. Also, Pokemon Rumble works, but Pokemon Ranch does not due to ASH0 compression.
- by larsenv at 5:48 PM EDT on July 8, 2015
- Yup, that damn ASH0 compression is still confusing me. I want to rip stuff from that game but can't. The Wii Menu uses ASH0 compression as well but this one is a different kind.
You can try ripping the music from the game itself on Dolphin...
- by Mikurotoro at 8:14 PM EDT on September 3, 2015
- i got the dvd root configured but i get an error that says "unknown mail"! what does this error message mean & how do i get rid of it?! it's getting in the way of everything! thanks in advance!
- by larsenv at 3:54 PM EDT on June 8, 2016
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;