- Way to directly rip from Xbox One? by dogman91x at 9:55 AM EDT on August 27, 2015
- If the files can't be prodded into, maybe someone with a digital audio cable can record it that way? Something that isn't a line out rip would be amazing for the 'secret' songs from Rare Replay, including unreleased stuff from Dream (Grant Kirkhope), Killer Instinct 2, Conker's Twelve Tales, etc.
- by maxton at 4:42 PM EDT on August 27, 2015
- Can't the discs be read in a blu-ray drive?
- by MoldyPond at 8:59 PM EST on November 25, 2017
- Found out about these songs a little while ago, bumping this thread out of desperation.
Literally cannot find any info on these ever being recorded properly or if the files from Rare Replay have ever been dumped. All that seems to exist are the videos on youtube that are extremely quiet (and 128kbps mp3). Any info on this would be greatly appreciated as I lack the powers to 100% everything just to unlock the files myself.
- by thecoreyburton at 7:29 AM EST on November 26, 2017
- I'm greatly interested in this too. In the meantime, this might be relevant.
I'd honestly forgotten about these until I saw this thread (they've been sitting in my Mediafire account since some time in 2013). I'm not too sure on their source; they may have been made public by Grant, sent to me privately, released another way by someone else, or perhaps might even be a combination of these. I don't think I have any more lying around, but I'll see.
If Grant is the source then there's a chance they might be amongst the tracks included on the disk.
edited 8:58 AM EST November 26, 2017
- by MoldyPond at 9:19 PM EST on November 26, 2017
- @thecoreyburton That's a pretty nice share there :3
Thanks a bunch!
- by mariofan12ify at 9:46 PM EST on November 26, 2017
- @thecoreyburton - Is there a chance you could upload this to MEGA? Mediafire is a huge bitch for me right now. Thanks in advance!
- by thecoreyburton at 9:59 PM EST on November 28, 2017
- No problem! I remember how satisfying it was when I first heard a lot of those tracks. New tracks, variations of existing tracks and even full versions of tracks I'd only heard short samples of in trailers - it was fantastic.
I'm away from my PC and will be for a some time. When I'm able to, I'll happily move them across to MEGA, but unfortunately there will be little bit of a wait. If in the meantime anyone else wants to do it, I have no objections.
edited 10:05 PM EST November 28, 2017
- by MoldyPond at 11:20 AM EST on November 29, 2017
- @thecoreyburton I already knew about most of these songs, but that Mayahem Temple beta was a delightful surprise :D
I'd also heard GK mention the Mumbo's Mountain beta in his Game Grumps video, but it's nice to actually have a rip of it now.
edited 11:23 AM EST November 29, 2017
- Forgot about that? by Katsur at 3:24 AM EST on February 12, 2024
- Anyone forgot about this idea? Ripping audio files straight from Xbox One game files would be a nice addition to the VGM archive. But it hasn't materialized yet. The console's launch was worse than 2006's Sony PS3's.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software