- Looped FLAC? by Kurausukun at 2:32 AM EDT on October 30, 2015
- Just wondering--is there any looped version of FLAC (or any other lossless format) that is recognized by vgmstream or some other foobar plugin?
- by hcs at 3:05 AM EDT on October 30, 2015
- For vgmstream, you can use a .pos file with .wav, which provides loop info, I think you can create a .pos with vgmtoolbox. There are also a few ways to put loop info in a .wav directly, such as the smpl chunk; vgmstream supports the .lwav extension so that the default .wav support in Winamp or whatever doesn't handle the file without the loop.
.pos+.wav is the best bet right now. Someone implemented flac support long ago but I never integrated it.
- by RukarioGyiyg996 at 3:34 AM EDT on October 30, 2015
- Doesn't FLAC allow you to set a LOOP_START= LOOP_END= like OGG files? Like how PSO used loop points with OGG?
- by hcs at 3:38 AM EDT on October 30, 2015
- But what players support that?
- by RukarioGyiyg996 at 5:52 AM EDT on October 30, 2015
- I know vgmstream supports those tags with .logg, but good point.
- by Kurausukun at 8:59 AM EDT on October 30, 2015
- I was hoping for a compressed lossless format since uncompressed audio takes up tons of space, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for the info.
- by robotortoise at 6:06 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- You can compress .wav files using Microsoft ADPCM and loop points function correctly, like in the Source Engine games.
That's about the best I can do for ya. :(
- by WDLmaster at 6:28 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- FLAC supports loop points kinda "natively" through the use of a RIFF sampler chunk. BUT most (if not all?) players ignore it. I know exactly one program, which is not a player, that actually reads the sampler chunk and sets the loop points correctly.
- foo_loop by weiweiwowwow at 6:15 AM EST on November 11, 2015
- I did some search and found THIS AMAZING SOLUTION for foobar2000, but only the source code available.I don't know how to compile a dll, so hope you guys can have a look at this and share your compiled dll fb2k component. Here is the README
edited 6:16 AM EST November 11, 2015
- by WDLmaster at 8:04 AM EST on November 11, 2015
- you mean something like this?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0096s;