- by Kurausukun at 9:01 AM EST on November 11, 2015
- Thanks, but how do I use it?
- by WDLmaster at 10:02 AM EST on November 11, 2015
- Don't know. With Foobar2000 maybe? He asked for a DLL and there it is. I think the README above my last post describes how to use it.
- by marcusss at 11:00 PM EST on November 13, 2015
- I think basically you have
create a new file (blank)called Menu.ogg.loop and add the loop points into the new file
LoopStart/LoopLength into that new file. Like
Same for .wav .flac etc..
I guess you play the loop file like you would with a .pos file.
That is what I think it does..
- any updates on looping lossless format? by VGSB at 6:43 PM EST on February 12, 2018
- Is there any foobar2000 component that can play a FLAC file with loop points in its metadata as described earlier in this thread, or any other for losslessly compressed format? If not, could vgmstream be updated to support something like .lwav that could actually be losslessy compressed (such as perhaps a new extension labeled .lflac that has the previously mentioned loop metadata)?
- by bxaimc at 8:04 PM EST on February 12, 2018
- I think with vgmstream’s implementation of ffmpeg, it might be possible? The only question is where would be loop data be stored? In WAV, it’s located internally in the smpl chunk. Maybe, like you mentioned, in the metadata/tags like Ogg does. On the other hand, I’m staying away from using Flac on some gamerips because it doesn’t always recreate the original header. The raw data is fine but sometimes the size defined in the RIFF header is occasionally truncated, especially if there’s extra zero data at the end, even if it’s part of the raw stream, flac gets rid of it.
- by bnnm at 1:33 PM EST on February 13, 2018
- Looping FLACs do work:
- rename to something foobar/etc accepts, ex. file.vgmstream
- create a pos file: file.vgmstream.pos (notice the double extension), LE 32b loop_start, 32b loop_end (optional: 32b num_samples, needed if FFmpeg can't determine num_samples)
Same can be done with any FFmpeg format, ex. mp3/ape/tak/mp4 all (probably) work.
- by bxaimc at 2:17 PM EST on February 13, 2018
- Oh yea, forgot about that. So what he said then —-^
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0028s;