- Remastered / Uncompressed VGM by MetalKnick at 1:21 AM EST on February 3, 2016
- I recently bought the Roland SOUND Canvas VA thing and I'm quite interested in remaking old video game music (pref ones that used the Roland SC-88 Pro).
I guess this could be used as a sharing thread of sorts and maybe a request thread if I feel like it.
Feel free to share your own if you would like to!
- by RukarioGyiyg996 at 6:52 AM EST on February 3, 2016
- Try throwing Descent 1's MIDI music though it.
Another good thing to try would be Duke Nukem 3D.
Daggerfall is also a interesting candidate as well.
- by MetalKnick at 1:43 PM EST on February 3, 2016
- All of those are on Youtube already. I'm talking about stuff maybe people have never heard in HQ like GBA stuff or whatever.
For instance I am starting to do Golden Sun, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to record it.
- by Master_E at 1:48 PM EST on February 3, 2016
- How about Pokémon RSE? There's a nice simple project.
- Sonic CD Past tracks in Tracker Format by JFD62780 at 10:34 PM EST on February 3, 2016
- hmm... I suppose the fact that the SegaCD's PCM chip wasn't quite as powerful as the SNES's SPU (No interpolating, resulting in aliased audio; no codec so the audio's forced to remain uncompressed, all in 64kbytes of RAM...) caused me to wonder how good the Past themes in Sonic CD COULD sound.
So my question is: CAN it be converted to a tracker format, such as MOD, S3M, XM, IT, etc...?
edited 10:35 PM EST February 3, 2016
- by MetalKnick at 1:44 AM EST on February 5, 2016
- I always thought the past themes were streamed. Listening to it now I can tell they aren't. I'm curious about that now. I'd LOVE to hear those themes in HQ. Especially Quartz Quadrant.
I bet people at Sonic Retro already have it figured out lol.
Anyway, I'm having some trouble with figuring out how to record with the SOUND Canvas VA thing.
- by RukarioGyiyg996 at 4:37 AM EST on February 5, 2016
- Uh... Not everything I said is on youtube in it's entirety unless I can't search worth a shit
There are videos of the SC-88 doing DOS game music but not enough of the SC-88pro...
If you're on Windows 7 and above you can just record the audio directly as it goes through the WSAPI. There's quite a few programs that do this but I wouldn't know where to look for them since I'm not a windows user anymore.
- by birdmanager6 at 8:59 AM EST on February 5, 2016
- I actually have considered remaking the Sonic CD music in XM format using OpenMPT. Yes, it has been figured out...there is a MIDI converter for every Sonic game called SMPS2MID, even this one. With another converter called Snatcher PCM2WAV, and some manual work with Audacity (there also was a perfect rip on Sonic Retro, but the link is broken :(), I managed to extract and split each sample, and looping shouldn't be a problem, although it certainly won't be perfect. So, yes, I'll be willing to do it.
Having played the game for the first time recently (the Europe version, to be exact), I was very surprised at how amazing quality the past music was, and it sounded almost as CD-quality as the rest of the music. The only thing that gave it away was the low-quality humming sample in Stardust Speedway. So in restored quality, the songs should sound even better...
- by birdmanager6 at 9:05 AM EST on February 5, 2016
- And I also have been considering remaking some of Manfred Liznser's GBA soundtracks as well, either by ear or by using another version of the game's soundtrack as a basis.
- by JFD62780 at 12:37 AM EST on February 6, 2016
- There's a Perfect Rip? Of Sonic CD or Snatcher? Have you gotten either and can it be uploaded? XD
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0041s;