Previous Page | Next Page
- by dj4uk6cjm at 1:49 AM EDT on March 27, 2016
- Yeah I tried remaking the choco mountain theme but the harmonica sounds different in SC-88/SC-55 than used in the game (well I guess its a harmonica instrument idk for sure) and the purcussion is hard to mimic especially in mixcraft, I have to separate them from one track to multiple tracks and I still can't figure out the correct instruments lol I got the cowbell part down, some banjos and that's it. :/
I think we need a list of oldschool nintendo games, N64, GBA and DS era that used full SC-88 or SC-55 instruments. That'll give us some ideas of what to we can remaster.
- by punk7890-2 at 2:02 AM EDT on March 27, 2016
- Here's my attempt at the Main Theme. Percussion hand to be hand remapped (part of it) and the FX/crystal sound was a substitute because I'm not sure where that instrument comes from. The Slap Bass and one of the Organs do not have the correct instrument splits (the game uses a very small amount as appose to the real SC-88). Aside from those, everything is correct.
In short, this would be a tricky game to get 100% correct.
edited 2:03 AM EDT March 27, 2016
- by dj4uk6cjm at 2:12 AM EDT on March 27, 2016
- Damn good remake you made there punk! Sounds better than anything I could do and I noticed the Sound Canvas (at least the VST portion) doesn't have that many crystal-like samples in it which saddens me because a lot of good games use that celeste/fantasia like instrument in songs, though it has a lot of ethnic sounds/purcussions.
I might try remaking something from Majora's Mask, plenty of ethnic stuff in that game. I'm tempted to do something with the Bomberman Hero and Kirby 64 midis though too.
edited 2:13 AM EDT March 27, 2016
- by punk7890-2 at 10:37 PM EDT on March 28, 2016
- Here is a Pokemon Stadium 2 battle song remaster. Decided to do this as I forgot the Pokemon games on the N64 use a SC-88. If anyone has all the midi's and soundbanks to either Pokemon Stadium games, I'll continue doing this. I'm not completely familiar with PS2. I'd like to do PS1 but I cannot get the midi's extracted from the game.
- by hcs at 10:19 AM EDT on March 29, 2016
- Wow, just got around to checking out the Main Theme arrangement, sounds fantastic.
- by punk7890-2 at 6:06 PM EDT on March 29, 2016
- Thanks. Unfortunately, I'd take a bit too much effort to get 100% correct. There seems to be a few instruments as well that I cannot find on a SC-88. The composer may have taken various instrument splits and re-arranged them. That was evident in the example above. I can get close, but not close enough for my perfectionism when it comes to a remaster of a song.
EDIT: On second thought, I may fully remaster this game. Here's a few more remasters.
Koopa Troopa Beach
Mario Kart Select Screen (Normal)
Mario Kart Select Screen (Master Boost)
- by dj4uk6cjm at 1:17 AM EDT on March 30, 2016
- Amazingly superb remake of Koopa Troopa Beach punk! I think that epiano (or whatever that main instrument is) is missing something from the original but it sounds great, its funny I tried to remake that song with modern instruments before I got the Sound Canvas VST months ago and it was difficult, still haven't finished it even but I have the project saved if I remember correctly all I had trouble with was an instrument and getting some percussion to sound alike lol makes me want to attempt at working on it again.
- by punk7890-2 at 1:59 AM EDT on March 30, 2016
- Yeah unfortunately I cannot find the correct E piano on the SC-88. It's a one shot sample in the game so it may take a really low instrument split and simply use that. Here is the sample in question.
I guess for the missing instruments, I'll try and find the closest possible for now. Like in the select screen music I can't find the right bass it uses either. I think I used a conceivable replacement though. A shame really. If I do go through with this remaster, would anyone be happy with a 90-95% accurate remaster?
Here's a couple more Koopa Troopa's to listen and see what one sounds closest:
Koopa Troopa Beach (Old Uprite)
Koopa Troopa Beach (Piano 1)
And here is Moo Moo Farm. Except 2 instruments, everything should be the same.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 3:36 AM EDT on March 30, 2016
- Koopa Troopa Beach (Piano 1) sounds good honestly but I like the very first one you posted yesterday out of both todays versions. That Moo Moo Farms remaster sounds extremely faithful to the original astonishingly! Its just missing a few whistles here and there at some points of the song but that's it! Other than that its perfect :) definitely looking forward to more remastered music you have for MK64 in the future.
- by Master_E at 5:27 PM EDT on March 31, 2016
- The synth bass in the Mario Kart select screen isn't very close to the original. The original has a sort of "resonance" sound in the mid of the bass. But you mentioned not going through the effort with the splits, so I can deal.
Also, you missed a sustain note at the end of the first lick in Moo Moo Meadows.
Great work by the way! Sounds AWESOME!
edited 5:34 PM EDT March 31, 2016
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;