Previous Page | Next Page
- by punk7890-2 at 7:18 PM EDT on March 31, 2016
- Yeah, the select screen base is another instrument I cannot find on the SC-88. It may indeed take a really low/high split of something on a SC-88, hence why I cannot recognize it.
Moo Moo Farm has a different, longer release time on the whistles. Hopefully a easy fix later done the road. At least, I think that's what you're referring to.
- by punk7890-2 at 11:27 PM EDT on April 2, 2016
- Okay, so I did manage to find that synth bass in the select screen music.
Mario Select Screen New.flac
- by Nisto at 11:35 PM EDT on April 2, 2016
- Oh wow that sounds good. Good job!
- by Master_E at 2:29 PM EDT on April 4, 2016
- Yep. That's a bit more like it! Great work.
Also, I was referring to the Fiddles in Moo Moo Meadows. Comparing to the original track would show what I mean immediately.
edited 2:35 PM EDT April 4, 2016
- by punk7890-2 at 10:06 PM EDT on April 4, 2016
- Yeah you're right. I had the wrong patch number down. It also had some notes stuck together not playing properly. Fixed the whistles as well. Should be 100% now.
Moo Moo Farm New.flac
Also a test of Bowser's Castle. Can't seem to find 2 drums. 1 is playing over the bass drum and the other starts about 6 bars in. The one 6 bars in seems pitched down from its original key in the game. The main bass/synth is missing its lower string/bass. Can't seem to find the correct version. It could be layered with another instrument as well. I'll leave this song for now and come back to it later.
edited 10:06 PM EDT April 4, 2016
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 11:04 PM EDT on April 4, 2016
- For the Select Screen, the organ part that plays the bassline should be one octave higher, I think?
- by punk7890-2 at 11:31 PM EDT on April 4, 2016
- I just cross checked them to make sure, and they are correct. You're probably thinking of the one playing in the left speaker. It has a small instrument split range from the lower section of the keyboard. This split in the game has a tad bit more bass than the one on a SC-88 because it has full range on a SC-88.
edited 11:55 PM EDT April 4, 2016
- by Master_E at 9:40 PM EDT on April 5, 2016
- Yep. Ya got the Moo Moo Meadows perfect.
- Pokemon by icecream at 10:17 PM EDT on April 5, 2016
- Not that I intend to do it or ask anyone to do it, but how feasible would it be to recreate Pokemon Diamond and Pearl's soundtrack in SCVA? IIRC all of the instruments were sampled from a Roland SC-88; however, I was not able to find the synth bass or the saw wave instruments in SCVA.
Also, nice job on the Mario Kart remasters :)
- by punk7890-2 at 8:30 PM EDT on April 6, 2016
- If you paste a link here to the original midi's and soundbanks, I could take a look at that music. If there isn't any soundbanks, preferably a gamerip of some sort will do.
Here's Bowser's Castle.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software