Previous Page | Next Page
- by derselbst at 7:04 AM EST on February 15, 2017
Thanks for the hint. This is the thread: http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=119192
However, (!!!!!) only seems to be using samples from the ROM. So pretty much the same approach as mine.
I solely used SubDrag's tool for ripping the soundbank and midis. Problem is that I dont own a Roland JV-1080 and I couldnt find any soundfont that offer samples for it.
- by G-Boy at 8:32 AM EST on February 15, 2017
Enclave123 owns a Roland JV-1080, perhaps you could ask him?
- Demo Trial of Silence by G-Boy at 2:04 PM EST on February 17, 2017
- I have a request. Maybe it's too much to ask, but... could somebody who owns the Roland Sound Canvas VA please take this MIDI of Light of Silence from Chrono Trigger and run it through the Roland SC-88 sound map in that VST, and link to it in this thread? That song is one of my favourite VGM of all time, and it would be very, very nice to hear how it sounds on the SC-88.
edited 2:05 PM EST February 17, 2017
- by G-Boy at 8:30 AM EST on February 24, 2017
Ignore that post.
- by xan1242 at 12:50 PM EST on February 24, 2017
- Hey there, I've been doing this ever since I got the SC-VA.
FF9 Battle 1 (mostly finished):
And here's my Soundcloud if you're interested in some more.
I'm getting the hang of the Sound Canvas more and more that I do this.
edited 12:50 PM EST February 24, 2017
- by G-Boy at 11:21 AM EDT on March 17, 2017
- Remaster of the part of Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly from AAI: ME that uses the SC-88
edited 11:22 AM EDT March 17, 2017
- by SmartOne at 1:58 PM EDT on March 17, 2017
- Xan1242, good stuff. Be careful about transcribing pitches; the worst part for me about listening to video game arrangements/remixes is wrong notes. For example, "Final Fantasy 4 - Zeromus (Sonic 2 -3 Style)." After the pyramid/build to the B section (Intro, A, B, C, whatever, figure it out), there is a sequence of two arpeggiated chords. The top note of the second arpeggio should be an octave interval; it's too low. Actually, it sounds like chord number one is simply repeated. Ouchy.
The pyramid/build could use a drum hit on the last beat, kind of like the cherry on top (Nobuo's version did).
Personal experience tells me it's easy to get a wrong version of the source in your head while transcribing, which is why I don't try it anymore. Lack of patience.
In other news, the guy on the left was the drummer in my college Jazz Ensemble: http://www.supermarcatobros.com/about/
If only he had known I was into video games more than your average nerd. lol, fame by secret association.
edited 2:04 PM EDT March 17, 2017
- Frog's Theme (SC-55 Ver.) by G-Boy at 10:59 AM EDT on March 20, 2017
- I remastered Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger with the Roland Sound Canvas VA:
- by MetalKnick at 3:25 PM EDT on March 22, 2017
- I'm not sure if this counts, but I redid the Tales of Phantasia battle theme in Golden Sun style.
Here's the Soundcloud link: Decisive - Tales of Phantasia
- SD-90 Remasters by Hexagon12 at 10:59 AM EDT on March 23, 2017
- If you want to see how does Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sound on a SD-90, here you go:
Google Drive link
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0046s;