Previous Page | Next Page
- by ptto911 at 1:59 PM EDT on April 25, 2016
- Well my 3DS isn't homebrewed, so I'm unable to do it currently :/
edited 2:00 PM EDT April 25, 2016
- by icecream at 3:35 PM EDT on April 25, 2016
- Well that would have been nice to know, oh well :p
Honestly I think it would be easier to extract a DLC cia and get the music from there. Taking it apart is possible, especially since they can be put back together and Decrypt9 even fully decrypts them. Problem is, no tool I know of exists to actually extract them (even PackHack which you mentioned states explicity no DLC cias can be extracted with it), and I lack the coding expertise to make such a tool. This approach clearly isn't working for me and I doubt installing a different DLC cia (especially since the DLC loads just fine) would change the output.
- by ptto911 at 2:32 PM EDT on April 26, 2016
- Right, sorry about that.
One theory I had, to why this cia is different, is because the games in streetpass plaza are separate and in a hub, so therefore maybe it's encrypted more in some way. And maybe it would be different if there were individual cia's for the 6 individual games?
I really don't know, but just a thought I had.
That because they're in the mii plaza hub, and not their own individual software , that's why it may not work as usual.
Makes me wonder, if after installing these cia's, it just loads the data into the main streetpass plaza music data?
Worth checking out.
And I'll try to get my 3DS homebrewed soon, if I don't get an extra to play with.
edited 2:33 PM EDT April 26, 2016
- by icecream at 12:39 PM EDT on April 27, 2016
- I'd like to think it was that simple, just adding an extra layer of encryption. Then it would be easy to break, considering how open and accessible 3DS hacking is now. But there's certainly more to it that prevents the streetpass DLC from being dumped (or any in general, as for instance with Mario Kart 8's DLC the only way to get the files for the DLC tracks is to actually buy it, then dump it while you're running the game).
It is fair to reason though that the DLC just adds to the RomFS part of the application, so when the whole application is dumped the DLC gets dumped along with it like you said. But it doesn't. Thinking about it now, it may be like the Wii U where the DLC is stored in a different location separate from the core file structure (like with Mario Kart 8 the tracks aren't in the main course folder but an alternate add-on content folder) and when you try reading the game's data with an FSA tool like pyGecko it picks up on the updates but not the DLC. Indeed, when I tried dumping it I only got a .BCSAR file with only the original Mii Plaza music (heck I don't think it even had the Find Mii 2 music, which I think was also sequenced. I don't recall though, I should check again soon). No traces of the DLC. So maybe it can't be dumped with a regular dumping tool.
Then again, the TCRF was somehow able to do it, through some undiclosed means..... oh yeah speaking of which did you ask them how they did it? Maybe get a little insight?
- by ptto911 at 12:50 PM EDT on April 28, 2016
What about the plaza's music player? All the tracks are available there too.
You're talking about this, right?
Contacted them on Twitter, the author may send me the sequences!
edited 1:49 PM EDT April 28, 2016
- by icecream at 2:15 PM EDT on April 28, 2016
- Yes, I was referring to that. Hopefully you can get a response.
While, yes, the Plaza's music player does have all of the tracks, I was hoping to get a more.... direct rip, instead of in line recording, especially after reading this thread. And even then, I can't do it myself, and there don't seem to be recordings of them anywhere except for YouTube, which irritates me as YouTube compresses them even further.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 9:06 PM EDT on April 28, 2016
- Does what I posted earlier not count? StreetPass Mii Plaza MIDI+SF2 Rip
This does NOT include the 4 extra games.
- by ptto911 at 9:43 PM EDT on April 28, 2016
- Right, completely agree.
And thank you for the above link!
But we're more looking for the 6 DLC games' music
edited 5:17 PM EDT April 29, 2016
- by icecream at 11:49 PM EDT on April 28, 2016
- @TheUltimateKoopa: yes it does count, but as ptto911 said we're looking for the DLC music.
@ptto911: Four? I thought it was six.....
- by ptto911 at 5:18 PM EDT on April 29, 2016
- Sorry, I meant 6 haha.
Also @TheUltimateKoopa, how did you rip and compile the midi's plus sf2?
Software used, methods?
edited 8:09 PM EDT April 29, 2016
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;