Previous Page | Next Page
- by icecream at 10:55 PM EDT on June 16, 2018
- Oh shit, thanks man! I gotta give this a look-see!
- by Chocolate2890 at 1:35 PM EDT on June 19, 2018
- @kr3nshaw, Is there a chance you could rip from the other 3DS built in things, like the home menu, Face Raiders, and Mii Maker?
- by icecream at 11:17 AM EDT on June 21, 2018
- It's probably possible, provided that they have CSEQ/CBNK/CWAR. I just checked Face Raiders and AR Games and that appears to be the case.
- by kr3nshaw at 11:48 AM EDT on June 21, 2018
- Face Raiders
I can't convert the eShop audio because it uses a version of the CWAV format that soneek's vgmstream fork doesn't recognise. I'm incorporating an ADPCM decoder into my program, but I don't have a clue how ADPCM works ;/
edited 12:32 AM EDT June 22, 2018
- by Chocolate2890 at 10:53 AM EDT on June 22, 2018
- Thank you for this! If my predictions are corrent, your talents will be very useful once warioware gold comes out. Do you have a discord account i could talk to you on? I'd love to learn more about how to do this kind of thing. I know mario party island tour uses sequenced music and i'd love to get that.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 11:05 AM EDT on June 22, 2018
- So... how do you play these files?
And don't even think about telling me how to play MID files. I'm not that stupid. I mean how do you play MID files that instantly crash foobar2000?
- by Chocolate2890 at 11:43 AM EDT on June 22, 2018
Only the actual BGM files play. And foobar doesn't play these correctly, anyways. you need an external tool like synthfont to make them sound right.
- by icecream at 1:31 PM EDT on June 22, 2018
- Just to clarify, I'm helping kr3nshaw with the ripping process, so if it seems like we're working in tandem, that's because we are :P
In regards to playback, that needs work. These CSEQs use CC to control the release time instead of programming it into the soundfont (guess it lets them get away with using a single soundfont) so for accurate playback it needs to pick up on that value. As you can probably expect, most MIDI players aren't designed to do that, so you have to modify the soundfont (for each song too, because they each set different values for it :P). Funny that you mention foobar, because kr3n recently found that foobar is the only thing that recognizes that CC, but as has been said, even that doesn't play it back correctly. A simple solution would be to duplicate the soundfont for every song and have each contain the required release value. Though this would dramatically inflate the file size and make it far more unwieldy to use, I'm honestly down for that if it comes to it. Maybe it's better to have a single soundfont that sounds "good enough", but meh, I'm not willing to sacrifice usability. I personally don't care for a solution that revolves around foobar (my concern is getting it to sound right in Awave and Fruity Loops), but if others want to try and fix that, go ahead.
As for Island Tour, that has actually already been extracted, with MIDI and SF2. I have it too: I got it from this site, though it seems the link is down.
edited 1:37 PM EDT June 22, 2018
- by Chocolate2890 at 3:07 PM EDT on June 22, 2018
- Well, could you upload it somewhere? Also, thank you for the info. I was able to get the songs uploaded here sounding pretty much perfect in synthfont. Here's an example. http://picosong.com/w9Chw/
- by icecream at 3:41 PM EDT on June 22, 2018
I don't want to keep this up for that long so if someone can mirror it that would be great.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;