- Digimon World 3 PSF help by MusashiAA at 10:04 AM EDT on March 15, 2016
First of all, I tried to wrap my head around ripping the PSF set for Digimon World 3, since it's not present on this or any archive. Digging inside the game didn't lead me into any relevant music data, which I suspect is the reason why the set doesn't exist in the first place...until I conveniently stumbled upon a guy on a different forum who had very recently managed to rip and upload the music data from the game.
According to him, each track has its own folder, with each folder containing two .bin files: one holds the sequence data, and the other holds the sample data the sequence refers to. I tried to use VGMToolbox to extract the SEQ/VH/VB files from them, but it can't seem to find the .vb files in neither of the two .bin files. I tried to manually extract the .vb files, but the process proves too foreign and difficult for me.
Since I didn't notice a PSF request thread here, I resolved to just straight up create a new one in the hopes of finding some assistance, or someone interested and more knowledgable in PSF ripping, since I clearly lack the skills needed. The music data files from Digimon World 3 are here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3dh6w8xylxvt88/SOUND.rar
Hopefully the people who have been interested in finding a PSF set for Digimon World 3 read this, and collectively put it together.
As a side note, I suspect (and I told this to the original ripper) that the same method used to extract the music data from Digimon World 3 can also be used for Digimon World 2, which is a similar case of missing its PSF set plus people having problems digging through the game files. If anything shows up for that other game too, I'll post it in here as well.
- by Nisto at 10:25 AM EDT on March 15, 2016
- Cool, there's people who are actually interested in these games! Guess I'm not alone. I ripped the first game (with the original driver) a little over a year ago, but I never did look into 2 or 3. I wrote some tools to deal with the VAB/SEQ files back then, maybe they'll work with these, too. I'll look into it.
Out of curiosity, what's the forum you're talking about?
- by MusashiAA at 10:33 AM EDT on March 15, 2016
- Wow, I didn't expect to receie a reply this soon. I didn't also expect to see a reply from the dude who ripped Digimon World 1 as well (based), I feel a little giddy.
This is the forum in question.
Regarding what I could do with these files, I was able to extract .sep and .vh files from most of the .bin files in there. I figured out how to split the .sep files, but after that I had no idea what to do next with the multitude of .seq files, let alone the fact there were no .vb files as well.
edited 10:36 AM EDT March 15, 2016
- by Squaresoft74 at 11:54 AM EDT on March 15, 2016
- I gave a quick look at BGM003 folder.
Get bin2seq from here:
Use it on "MPBGM003.BIN" to extract .sep and .vh
To get the .vb data hexedit "MVBGM003.BIN" and delete the first 4 bytes and save it as MVBGM003.vb
Once you have MVBGM003.sep, MVBGM003.vh and MVBGM003.vb
Use MarkGrass's GenPSF to build the PSF file, and set Playback Type's parameter to 0
- by MarkGrass at 9:50 PM EDT on March 15, 2016
Untagged and untested. Hell, I've never even played this game.
I hope it works out alright!
- by hcs at 10:22 PM EDT on March 15, 2016
- IPFS mirror: Digimon World 3 PSF.7z
- by Nisto at 1:35 AM EDT on March 16, 2016
- Well, guess you won't be needing my help after all. :P
- by MusashiAA at 7:12 AM EDT on March 16, 2016
- ...wow, that was insanely quick. Guess I'll at least tag them properly. Guess I'd also need to set proper loop points?
One thing I'm noticing is the lack of reverb: was this an intentional part of the ripping process, can it or should it be adjusted to mimic the in-game reverb effect?
Also, what would really imply a throughout testing process of these PSF files? Testing them on multiple and different PSF players, listening to them for a long time to find any sequence/sample errors or omissions? Besides the reverb issue, this seems pretty clean already.
Thank you so much, that was perhaps a faster response than I could've ever asked for. It'll probably take me more time tagging these files than it took you all to rip them lol
- by MusashiAA at 2:30 PM EDT on March 16, 2016
- Here it is, mostly tagged, still not timed cuz I couldn't figure out how to time it :(
2 missing tracks: the game over theme, and the victory theme. The intro and credits themes variate between regional releases, and they're used in FMVs so they would have to be ripped as .XA files?? Also, highly debating if the enviromental tracks should also be tagged and timed, to be consistent with Nisto's DMW1 PSF set also containing the ambience tracks from that game...they're still inside the .rar, though.
edited 2:30 PM EDT March 16, 2016
- by Kirishima at 4:37 PM EDT on March 16, 2016
- Use psf-o-cycle to modify things like reverb
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0037s;