- Big N64 Midi Tool Update V2 by SubDrag at 8:14 PM EDT on April 22, 2016
- A whole new, common N64 format has been found (in a couple variants). This adds many often requested games, such as Pokemon Stadium, so check to see if your game is there!
Note that not all instruments are playing at the right octave, some games are a little off - can be fixed easily in midi studio, but unclear at this time why. Composition is sound though. There are also some features of song format that are just not supported, so am unable to export things like ADSR. And some are more than 16 controllers, so exports to multiple midis (use a tool that allows multiple ports to play simultaneous midis).
N64 Soundfont Tool also updated with new games that are both in Sound and Midi tool and can contain both (thanks to Punk9870 for adding the new games!)
edited 8:16 PM EDT April 22, 2016
- by punk7890-2 at 8:22 PM EDT on April 22, 2016
- If there are any errors people encounter, be sure to post here or on Goldeneyevault. Some games have octave issues where they get exported on the wrong octave (we are unsure at the moment as to how this works as we don't see anything identifiable). No notes should be off key however, its always a octave difference. Some games have off sounding pitch in their soundbanks, unfortunately that's another unidentifiable thing.
With that, enjoy!
- by soneek at 1:20 AM EDT on April 23, 2016
- Yes!!! Finally, Mario Tennis midis...thanks for the hard work guys!!
- by punk7890-2 at 3:29 AM EDT on April 23, 2016
- Here's a tagged set of Battletanx: Global Assault if anyone wants it.
Also did two small test imports using Army Men Sarge's Heroes instrument set here. Songs are Dark World from A Link to the Past and Versus from Star Fox 64.
edited 3:56 AM EDT April 23, 2016
- by robotortoise at 3:06 PM EDT on April 26, 2016
- Ooh, sweet! This is pretty neat.
Have you guys ever tried working with Paper Mario?
I know that game has some fantastic songs, but the samples are pretty awful, yet sound like bog-standard General MIDI.
Someday I'd like to play around with them, see if more realistic samples wouldn't make them sound better.
It uses a weird non-standard sound engine, right?
- by LuigiBlood at 3:21 PM EDT on April 26, 2016
- About 64DD games, it should be mentioned that they may use sounds from 64DD IPL itself. That's the point of the 64DD IPL, sound bank and font bank for use.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 6:10 PM EDT on April 26, 2016
- Does anyone know why pretty much most of the percussion in Mario Kart 64 is absent? There isn't even any notation for the percussion tracks.
And sometimes notes are missing when converting to MIDI? E.g. Banjo-Kazooie?
- by punk7890-2 at 9:10 PM EDT on April 26, 2016
- @robotortoise Unfortunately no known already supported sequence types appear to be used in that game. It's probably custom.
@LuigiBlood I've only come across one 64DD game that uses the sound bank from the IPL. I've also added a few 64DD games to N64 Sound Bank Tool. The bank tool package hasn't been updated yet, but you can grab the ini here. Here is what was added:
NUD-DSCJ-JPN - With Copying IPL ROM from 0x140000 to 0x3F4000 to this
NUD-DMPJ-JPN (you'll need to re-grab N64 Midi Tool for midis)
NUD-EFZJ-JPN (this uses the EAD ctl format so there is probably some EAD sequences in this game as well, but no midi's supported yet)
@TheUltimateKoopa I haven't run into that Mario Kart 64 issue. Can you show me a midi with missing notes and a example midi of the Banjo Kazooie issue?
- by dj4uk6cjm at 6:15 PM EDT on April 29, 2016
- Done some testing on Glover 64 using the new N64SoundTool and it works great! Although when extracting the midis and dls fonts and applying them in FL Studio I did notice during playback the music would fade out completely for a few seconds and fade in. Another thing I can't believe is that the composers used sampled loops for their percussion in the songs as opposed to the usual one shot sampled stuff. Even the midi files have one line of notes for the percussion ugh that makes them even more difficult to remake now lol.
- by punk7890-2 at 10:42 PM EDT on April 29, 2016
- What midi does this? I am not seeing anything wrong. When does it occur?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0046s;