- How to convert data into audio formats? by Wishy The Star at 4:52 PM EST on January 2, 2017
- In an attempt to get Style Savvy: Fashion Forward's soundtrack, I came up with a lot of .cpk files. I extracted some of them with Repacker CPK, and I got a lot of 'data' files. I'm not sure what to do with them, since they have no extension. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reading.
- by Infernus Animositas at 1:30 AM EST on January 3, 2017
- Posting a sample of the CPK might help :)
- by Wishy The Star at 8:16 PM EST on January 4, 2017
- Here's a sample of one of them!
- by Infernus Animositas at 8:56 PM EST on January 4, 2017
- Here is the tool from the official CRIWARE SDK. This can open up that CPK archive and extract its contents.
CRI Packed File Maker
- by Wishy The Star at 12:15 AM EST on January 5, 2017
- Thank you! However, I'm new to this so I don't know what to do first.
edited 12:15 AM EST January 5, 2017
- by Wishy The Star at 1:08 AM EST on January 5, 2017
- Ah, I found out how to unpack it! Unfortunately, I ran into these 'data' files again. What could they be?
Here's a link to them.
- by Infernus Animositas at 5:06 AM EST on January 5, 2017
- I think those are ACB files. Which contain useful information like filenames, loop points etc.
The only file that has any audio is the "COMMON_SE" file and I would imagine the SE stands for 'Sound Effects'. There's no music in there at all for these files as they are way too small.
- by Wishy The Star at 2:09 PM EST on January 5, 2017
- I found a file called sound_awb.cpk and extracted it. They have the same names as the ones before, but bigger.
Here's a link to those.
- by Infernus Animositas at 10:05 AM EST on January 6, 2017
- Yep, those are the .awb archives which contain the audio data. Add the extension ".awb" to those files.
Now, the files you sent me in the "SSFF Data.rar", You need to match the names of the .awb files with the same files in the SSFF Data folder and give them the extension .acb
e.g. SSFF Data folder
"BGM" becomes "BGM.acb", "BGM2" becomes "BGM2.acb" "JINGLE" becomes "JINGLE.acb" "VOICE" becomes "VOICE.acb"
sound_awb.cpk extract folder
"BGM" becomes "BGM.awb", "BGM2" becomes "BGM2.awb" "JINGLE" becomes "JINGLE.awb" "VOICE" becomes "VOICE.awb"
Then use VGMToolbox to extract the HCA's with filenames.
VGMToolbox > Misc. Tools > Extraction Tools > Common Archives > CRI ACB/AWB Archive Extractor
Tick the box at the bottom saying "Prefix file name with Cue ID and then drag and drop one of the .ACB files onto VGMToolbox to extract it.
The extracted files have the extension .bin but change them to .hca instead.
Finally use VGMStream to playback/convert the HCA audio.
Note: Filenames might not be matched up correctly as sometimes there are more/less cue IDs than there are actual audio waveforms stored inside the .awb archive.
edited 10:07 AM EST January 6, 2017
- by Wishy The Star at 4:11 PM EST on January 6, 2017
- Thank you so very much!! I got all the music now, I'm so happy!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0026s;