- by Uikri at 3:28 PM EDT on March 14, 2017
EDIT: Seeing the controversy earlier in the thread, my main thing is I'm lonely and feel like I can't even make friends with the people that do share my interests, and it makes me sad and mildly depressed. I thought it was kind of nice to see a place to express my feelings on here, and so took the opportunity.
Original reply to OP: I know how you feel, though not to the extent. I haven't been antagonized to that degree, but people still don't respect VGM or my love for it.
But for me it's debatably worse. I feel isolated from and somewhat rejected even by people like the ones that spend their time here, mostly because I don't know how to work with resources like they do. At this point I know how to get almost any file that plays in foobar2000 to loop or can export it to a lossless format for extension, but that's it. I don't know how to contribute to holy grails like Pikmin 1 & 2 or Luigi's Mansion and I feel like that separates me from the people and work I want to be involved with the most. I'm really, extra willing to learn! Can't someone point me to a teacher? I've tried teaching myself and nothing much ever comes from it ("oh look, a cucco!" is essentially what happens).
edited 3:33 PM EDT March 14, 2017
edited 3:43 PM EDT March 14, 2017
- by drexl at 4:44 PM EDT on March 14, 2017
- Contribution doesn't narrow down to only providing the analyses and interfaces in order to play the music. Contribution to this community also means being part of the community: Providing others by being a real human in the community, by developing, discussing and living taste. Don't feel ashamed just because you didn't write the latest BMS to MIDI converter.
- by RebeccaSugar at 5:39 PM EDT on March 31, 2017
- Well said. Anything counts.
- by Swiftie24 at 5:45 PM EDT on March 31, 2017
- I don't see how having a passion , in this case video game rips of music and etc about audio is a ''bad'' thing. Lol people will hate on anybody for the lamest reason. Don't give them power :)
- by RebeccaSugar at 12:24 AM EDT on April 1, 2017
- It's not about being 'hated', per say. I think It's more that people don't understand. Which really stings...
- by drexl at 3:18 PM EDT on April 12, 2017
- Yes, it's not about hate. It's about being alone.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0056s;