- How do you disable 2SF fading from VGMToolbox???? by Peachalina at 2:04 PM EST on February 26, 2017
- I want to create 2sf files from DS games using VGMToolBox, but it only spits out the ones with fade endings, which I find absolutely abhorrent.
I want the cooler-sounding endings that you'd hear in something like VGMTrans that never fades out the song, but instead has proper endings.
Is there any way to force VGMToolBox "NDSTo2SF" menu to export without fading? I can't find any option for that, which saddens me.
Sorry for whining/anal post I just really want the endings! :(
- by kode54 at 9:02 PM EST on February 27, 2017
- Nope, sorry, the 2SF driver itself is limited to looping songs, unless you know of some way to not loop songs. Any "cool" ending will be completely bypassed by looping commands.
- by snakemeat at 11:25 PM EST on February 27, 2017
- I'm not familiar with the way VGMTrans does it, but have you tried changing the "fade" PSF tag? You can use VGMToolbox's xSF Tag Editor or psfpoint.exe to do it.
- by kode54 at 12:10 AM EST on March 1, 2017
- Changing the fade tag will only change the fade duration, or eliminate the fade. It will not make any sequences which have endings post-loop to magically stop looping.
- by snakemeat at 7:38 PM EST on March 10, 2017
- Oh I see what you mean now. I think vgmstream has the same behavior.
- by Peachalina at 3:33 PM EST on March 11, 2017
- Soo in other words .... there's no way to do it then ? bummer :(
Any file formats that DO allow fade-cancelling then? Like vgm and stuff ?
- by kode54 at 6:57 PM EST on March 11, 2017
- There is no fade "cancelling" in most of these looped formats. VGM, for instance, has absolutely nothing past the loop end, which by definition is the end of the entire log. Only the loop start is specified.
You're welcome to try disabling fades, but the songs won't magically end on some new music data that sounds like an ending. They'll just hit the end of their loop and abruptly stop.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0035s;