- Extracting content from .dat files from Mario Sports Superstars by Swiftie24 at 10:23 AM EDT on March 13, 2017
- I am making this thread so the other one doesn't get derailed with it since it was about music.
Recently i got into the files of Mario Sports Supestars.
The game is enterily compressed and 99% of the files are compresed in various .dat files.
My question is , does anybody know how to open these files to extract the contents?
I was looking forward to possibly mod this game , specifically the voices and music.
I know that the sounds should be in the na folder , fs1.dat is the music and i guess fs2.dat are the voices. I basically am trying to extract the contents from the fs2.dat and repack them again.
- by soneek at 3:18 PM EDT on March 13, 2017
- The voices are in an archive in na/fs0.dat. There are a bunch of nus3banks in there. I'm gonna play around with it myself this week, so I'll let you know if I extract and successfully repack and load fs1.dat. Also, let me know if you need voice clips from Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. I've had those sitting around for a while.
I wrote something to inject sounds and music into nus3banks a while ago for Sm4sh and Pokken, so it'll be usable again here. fs1.dat is the nus3bank for the music. You will need Python2 for the nus3bank injection, and I'll get you an IDSP builder tomorrow at the latest.
- by Swiftie24 at 3:43 PM EDT on March 13, 2017
Thank you sooooo much! You have no idea! I was in here thinking that the smallest file (that has a SARC inside) was the one with the voices, but i was incorrect :P
Thank you for willing to help me out , and also thanks for the US comment but the voices have already been posted on the Sounds Resource page so i don't think i need them.
- by soneek at 1:22 PM EDT on March 15, 2017
- So I haven't had success replacing the files with LayeredFS. I'll see if I can install a custom "update" this week and try again. What's your method of replacing files?
fs0.dat is pretty complex for me, so someone else might beat me to unpacking/repacking it.
- by Swiftie24 at 2:29 PM EDT on March 15, 2017
- I usually am able to replace the existing files because the .bcstm are not compressed , so i just use yata + to make new .bcstm files and replace the ones from the romfs.
With voices , i extract the .cwavs from the .bcsar file and then replace sounds using the hex editor.
It would be so much easier if the game was not compressed inside DAT files.
- by soneek at 6:30 PM EDT on March 15, 2017
- It's been so long since I rebuilt the actual romfs of base games lol. I'll try rebuilding with the modified nus3bank (na/fs1.dat) and test it.
- by Swiftie24 at 10:32 AM EDT on March 16, 2017
- it should be easy to do with Romfs builder.
- by Swiftie24 at 3:29 PM EDT on March 20, 2017
- I fear this was forgotten. I have no idea what to do anymore T_T
- by soneek at 8:07 PM EDT on March 20, 2017
- Forgotten for me testing, though I will need you to verify if the nus3bank rebuilding works in a new romfs build.
NUS3Bank Extract & Inject
You'll want to dump the IDSPs from fs1.dat using nus3extract.py first, as it'll have the song ID prefacing the file names.
Make a backup of the original file first. You can inject using "nus3inject.py fs1.dat blah.idsp 0x1d" to replace the song that has ID 0x1d. You can also use decimal notation for the song ID.
I have to test and make sure the offline IDSP builder works as intended, but you can download IDSP files from Smash Custom Music to test for now.
- by Swiftie24 at 11:40 PM EDT on March 20, 2017
- Ok , i tested using a tutorial for Smash 3DS custom music and it works!
Custom music is possible using your tool which is awesome , and it can be repacked in a new romfs and loaded via hans.
I only need a way to access the voices though, that's my goal actually. Music is the same as in Smash 3DS.
Replace the IDSP and load it in the game repacked.
BTW something i found out.
Fs1.dat is actually everything that goes from the menus except SFX.
What i mean is that the music inside fs1.dat is actually the menu music plus the tracks that you hear in the collection and some baseball sfx.
The actual in-game music is not in fs1.dat , so if you change it you will only be changing the one in the collection room sound test , not the one that plays during the actual gameplay.
I don't like that they made those duplicates.
edited 12:49 AM EDT March 21, 2017
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0031s;