- Tales of Destiny 2 (JP) OST question by MetalKnick at 8:32 PM EDT on March 20, 2017
- I've been looking into other Sakuraba OSTs lately and the Tales of Destiny 2 OST has grabbed my attention for using the same drum samples as Golden Sun 2 seen here.
I was wondering if the music is sequenced or streamed. And if they're sequenced, do we have a midi rip?
- by soneek at 12:41 PM EDT on March 21, 2017
- It is sequenced. The PSP version should have MIDI files. I checked years ago, but I don't think I have the data on me anymore.
- by MetalKnick at 5:33 PM EDT on March 21, 2017
- Would the samples be easy to get?
- by bxaimc at 5:17 PM EDT on March 22, 2017
- Depends on what your definition of easy means. The banks contain PS ADPCM and then reading the tables to locate the data offsets for data extraction as well as converting the hundreds of small sized samples to a useable format along with using the correct settings such as sampling rate, pitch, etc. usually discourages people.
- by MetalKnick at 5:48 PM EDT on March 22, 2017
- My definition of "easy" is more or less automated like VGMtrans haha. Tried to rip the midis from the PSP one using VGMToolbox yesterday and it stressed me out so much I gave up
- by soneek at 9:31 PM EDT on March 22, 2017
- VGMTrans may work with the PSF2 files for Tales of Destiny 2. Nice job on the Decisive Golden Sun version btw.
- by MetalKnick at 4:24 AM EDT on March 23, 2017
- I figured it out!!! It gave me .sf2 as well so I'm all set. It worked with Tales of Rebirth too!
The only sad thing is I forgot what I needed to do this for after it took me this long to figure it out haha
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0039s;