- So, what's the verdict on this video card? by kode54 at 12:07 AM EDT on April 16, 2017
- My Radeon RX 480 started doing this when I upgraded the drivers to 17.4.2. What's the verdict, software or hardware issue? It was also misbehaving somewhat less under Linux and earlier Windows driver versions, now it does this, then eventually hard locks the hypervisor.
- by kode54 at 12:38 AM EDT on April 17, 2017
- Disregard that, it blows up in a native install of Windows as well. It's either the card, or the 17.4.2 drivers operating the card.
- by Kurausukun at 12:59 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
- Wow, that's pretty bad. I don't know how AMD works, I've always used Nvidia, but can you not roll back drivers and see whether it's the card itself?
- by kode54 at 2:29 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
- It can't be the drivers, as there are plenty of people on YouTube who are having no such troubles with them, with the same video card.
- by Kurausukun at 5:14 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
- That's a shame. Faulty drivers is definitely the lesser of two evils between that and defective hardware.
- by kode54 at 7:43 PM EDT on April 18, 2017
- Well, it's on its way to Asus' warehouse in Indiana, and then I'll find out whether they're going to ship me a replacement or something. Then no more altcoin mining for me.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0037s;