- Need help in making a psf2 file loopable or extended by alaisha at 11:51 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
I just downloaded Armored Core - Formula Front (2005-03-03)(From Software).7z for the psf2 rips. A game I like, among many others. The menus/interfaces tracks are too short, less than 20 sec, so I wanted to make them longer, a.l.a. SNES spc, but the driver (H.E. in winamp) does not let me do that it seems. For example, this track "050.psf2" from the archive last only 8 secs, I change its duration to lets say 3:44, but it always stops at the same original duration of 8 secs, as if ignored. I set H.E. to "force all songs to play indefinitely", same thing, ignored. I then set duration to 0:0.0 manually, raw mode it's called, now song length changes to 3:00.00, but again the same: song finishes by 8 secs.
Is there any way, manually at least, to "extend" this song? If so, how? Thanks.
- by RetroFanatic at 12:29 AM EDT on April 18, 2017
- Isn't it possible to use vgmstream for this? Or maybe the issue would still be there if the songs don't have proper loop points to begin with.
If so, the only method I can think of is to open a wav file in Audacity and use the copy-pasta method.
- by hcs at 4:05 AM EDT on April 18, 2017
- psf2 files contain programs, they will run for however long they are programmed to run. Usually this would be "forever" with looped songs, though jingles and most sound effects will just play once. The timing tags that you can edit in HE are totally separate, they just tell the player when to stop running the emulated machine.
I don't think vgmstream will be much help here; it could be used if the songs were simple pre-recorded files that you could extract, but since the whole set is so small it is probably sequenced. You may have to do something with the sequence or driver within the psf2 to make things loop longer.
(I haven't looked into this specific situation, this is a guess from the file size and your description of the situation)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;