- Converting .genh to .wav, getting static noise and no music by joeyc410 at 6:23 PM EDT on April 28, 2017
- I've read this is an issue other people have had when trying to rip music from PS2 games. I'm using VGM toolbox to create .genh files of original audio files from PS2 games, then using this VGM converter program to convert the .genh files to .wav. When I do this, the music files just come out as a bunch of static noise. My game discs are fine. I think I might be doing something wrong? Please let me know if you know a workaround for this issue.
edited 6:24 PM EDT April 28, 2017
edited 6:25 PM EDT April 28, 2017
- Final Fantasy X-2 .GENH by ShadowMan81 at 9:40 AM EDT on April 24, 2019
- I am trying to figure out a way to playback the .GENH contained in the PF2 archive for Final Fantasy X-2, foobar, winamp play the .psf2 fine but I cannot find any way to play the .GENH files.
I know next to nothing and I just wanted to listen but I tried extracting genh and it only gave me .ps2 and .ps2head files.
Any help would be most appreciated thanks!
- by hcs at 7:12 PM EDT on April 24, 2019
- 1. Please don't bump an old thread like this if you don't have anything to add to that discussion.
2. What are you trying to use to play GENH? You need some version of vgmstream, which comes as a plugin for Winamp, foobar2000, and others.
edited 7:13 PM EDT April 24, 2019
- Final Fantasy X-2 .GENH by ShadowMan81 at 12:22 PM EDT on April 25, 2019
- I know I realised after I posted and was not able to figure out how to delete the thread and repost.
I have tried both in_vgmstreams with winamp and the one for foobar and in both I get message the file cannot be played in foobar and nothing happens at all in winamp.
Someone suggested to use VGSC but I cannot find a tutorial on how to use it anywhere.
Should we delete my posts so I may repost the right way? I am very sorry
edited 12:24 PM EDT April 25, 2019
- by kode54 at 9:38 PM EDT on April 25, 2019
- GENH is a so-called "generated header" format, which is designed to play as-is with VGMStream. Do not "extract" it.
- by hcs at 6:36 PM EDT on April 26, 2019
- Regarding the post, don't worry about it. Sorry if I came across as angry.
Are you trying to play the GENH directly? kode54 is right that you probably don't want to try extracting ps2 and ps2head from it.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0025s;