- Someone Remind Me How to Rip Sound Effects from .aw/.baa/JaiSeq.arc by Kurausukun at 5:47 PM EDT on May 8, 2017
- So this is basically BMS, but I don't need instruments, I'm just trying to rip the voices from Double Dash. I remember ripping the samples from Mario Galaxy a long time ago and I'm pretty sure it used the same formats, but I cannot for the life of me remember which programs I used and why. Sorry to ask people to do busy work for me, but does anyone know what the relevant thread(s) is/are?
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 2:00 PM EDT on May 11, 2017
Here's one of the threads that worked with AW files. You should need baad, wsyster, and maybe yaz0dec to extract everything iirc.
- by Kurausukun at 6:00 AM EDT on May 15, 2017
- It almost works, but I only get stuff out of a few files. First, I run baad.exe on GCKart.baa, which gives me 3 .bnk and .wsys files, corresponding to the aw banks NintendoLogoMario_0.aw, se00_0.aw, and bgm_0.aw. There's some nice stuff in there, but it's not what I'm looking for (I'm looking for the character voice files). The other three .aw files that are not ripped are Voice_0.aw, SelectVoice_0.aw, and CommendationVoice_0.aw. Additionally, baad.exe gets partway through, but runs into an error. Here's the output:
"bst " 00000154 00008254
"bstn" 00008254 00011714
"ws " 00000000 00022240 ffffffff
"ws " 00000001 000169c0 00000000
"ws " 00000005 0001e8a0 00000000
"bnk " 00000001 00011e14
"bnk " 00000000 00021d20
"bnk " 00000005 0001b800
unrecognized chunk, bsft (62736674)
And if it helps anyone nice enough to try and decipher this, here are the files I'm working with:
-6 .aw files (mentioned above)
-JaiSeqs.arc (this one is probably unnecessary for this)
dumpaw.exe is also a no-go; it dumps a few files, all of which are the same length, and some of it is horribly off-pitch and tempo, and some of it is just plain static. So yeah, I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if this is possible or not.
- by MrSinistar at 12:07 AM EDT on July 9, 2017
- I think there's a glitch with wsyster, as it doesn't parse through the entire WSYS chunk. I was able to extract the sounds from the GameCube BIOS but initially, I was unsucessful as it would only extract a couple of sounds. I would have to manually go in the WSYS file and change the offsets and loop point info so that I was able to extract the remaining sounds correctly.
- by Jasper at 11:59 AM EDT on July 10, 2017
- Use my vgmtrans build. Using wsyster / baad as a base (and plenty of my own research), I've added support for exporting those soundbanks.
Copy GCKart.baa into AudioRes/Waves then open it in this vgmtrans build.
- by Kurausukun at 9:00 PM EDT on July 10, 2017
- Did you test this specifically with Double Dash? I copied GCKart.baa into the Waves folder, but when I drag it to the VGMTrans window, it crashes due to an assertion failure. I could be doing something wrong though--it looks like it gets through 3 wavs and then crashes.
By the way, that's super cool. That makes two useful formats you've added to VGMTrans.
edited 9:01 PM EDT July 10, 2017
- by Jasper at 4:20 PM EDT on July 14, 2017
- Yeah, I've made it work with GCKart before. I've heard people are having issues with it though -- I'll see what I can track down.
- by Unibunt at 6:20 PM EDT on July 17, 2017
- I've had this same problem before, except with SMG2. It's possible that the type of rom/iso you have impacts whether it'll work or not. I've noticed that VGMTrans crashes with that same error whenever it tries to load a 0 kb .aw file, so that's most likely the cause of the crash.
- by Kurausukun at 5:46 PM EDT on July 18, 2017
- None of the files from Double Dash are 0KB, though. You said you've had the same problem, but did you work around it somehow?
- by Unibunt at 3:39 PM EDT on July 19, 2017
- I wasn't really able to find a workaround that 100% worked, the only way I was able to "solve" the issue was by putting the 0 kb .aw files into a different folder. Unfortunately, this meant that only a few soundfonts would actually export correctly. Since we don't have the same issue though, this solution probably won't work for you.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0034s;