- What Format Does Brawl Use in Its .brsar? by Kurausukun at 9:45 PM EDT on May 28, 2017
- What format are the sounds that are stored in SSBB's smashbros_sound.brsar file? I'd like to be able to encode them manually and replace them instead of relying on programs like Super Sawndz or Brawlbox, since they always re-encode, and that can be lossy. Plus, Sawndz doesn't support stereo sound effects at all, and Brawlbox doesn't handle them that well.
- by bxaimc at 10:55 PM EDT on May 28, 2017
Just like any other Wii game with a brsar
- by Kurausukun at 2:03 AM EDT on May 29, 2017
- I used VGMToolBox's advanced cutter and searched, but I didn't find any .rwav files. I did find .rbnk and .rseq files, and I also found a bunch of .rwsd files, which I have never heard of, but which are streams according to VGMToolBox. However, none of the files it cuts are playable in VGMStream, nor do I have any clue how to convert to that format (probably some tool in the Wii SDK?).
- by Jasper at 11:30 AM EDT on May 29, 2017
- BrawlBox should be able to extract files from the BRSAR.
- by Kurausukun at 8:39 PM EDT on May 29, 2017
- It can extract files, but it only offers to export them as .wav files; if I try to extract them in native format, I get some file that's only a hundred or so bytes long, so either I'm extracting in the wrong place, or BrawlBox is fucked (as usual).
- by Kurausukun at 1:28 AM EDT on June 6, 2017
- Nobody has any ideas about replacing files manually? It's the only way that really works with stereo sounds; BrawlBox almost works but sometimes the sound doesn't come out right, and the encoder is fucked for whatever reason.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;