- Sly Cooper 2&3 by froggestspirit at 10:56 AM EDT on June 18, 2017
- After many failed attempts, I have finally managed to locate the music files from Sly 2 and 3 for PS2.
The PS3 versions were missing tracks (at least in sly 2). I used Cube Media Player 2 to scan the disc, although that only started the project. I found that the music files are generally 44100hz ADPCM, with 4096 interleve. I wrote a program to rip the raw files from the disc based on the playlist from Cube Media Player. Since many songs in the game have more than 2 channels, I wrote another program to separate each channel, and then one to re-combine them into stereo tracks without a loss in quality (since this is reading and writing the audio as binary). The main issue I have is that there seems to be a clicking sound in the audio, and this can be easily heard in the 2-channel tracks strait from CMP. The other issue is that there seems to be no header for the audio tracks (although there seems to be a footer that always starts with magic " KPV" though I am mainly looking for the loop points. If anyone has some insight on this, I hope to do a lossless rip with the correct loop points.
Edit: I'm led to believe that the loop point is before the audio data, and it is a per-channel value. I tried deleting this amount x2 from a 2 channel track, and it sounded like it was looping in the right spot for the most part.
edited 10:57 AM EDT June 18, 2017
edited 11:23 AM EDT June 18, 2017
- by SmartOne at 12:36 PM EDT on June 18, 2017
- I'm no actual help, but is Sly 1 sequenced, then? I don't like the PS3 remasters because the audio quality suffers (go figure, this has never happened before in the history of mankind). For example, all the FMV audio is improperly resampled in the remasters, so it sounds "tinny." And you say songs are missing, too.
edited 12:45 PM EDT June 18, 2017
- by froggestspirit at 1:27 PM EDT on June 18, 2017
- Yes, it's mostly the intro's of some songs missing. The first time you notice it is in Sly 2, the paris theme is missing the intro, and skips strait to the looped part. This happens in a handful of songs from Sly 2 (never loooked into sly 3 enough). Other than that, I think it did miss some music from Operation Thunderbeak.
And yes, Sly 1 has a sequenced soundtrack, and a different composer all together, while I would like Sly 1's music too, that'd be completely different (though I think I read it shares the same format with jak and daxter?)
Edit: I figured out the clicking issue
edited 11:36 PM EDT June 18, 2017
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0034s;