- SMG1&2 Soundfont by forumguy at 4:44 AM EDT on June 25, 2017
- I made this a few months back, but today I'm gonna share it to you. This is a Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 soundfont in development. The goal of this soundfont is to use every sample found in SMG1 and SMG2's files. It's not 100% accurate, but I am currently making it as accurate as possible. Some of the instruments are not looped well at all and there are A LOT of instruments missing. You can use this to almost recreate the sequenced music found in both games, but I am telling you again, not 100% accurate. Another version might come sooner or later, as I am currently fixing the violin (samples are not mapped correctly), flute (release is a little bit too high), and maybe the brass (doesn't loop well). The samples are actually ripped by the members of this very forum. Thanks for sharing the samples!
For now, here's the first ever version.
- by mariofan12ify at 11:09 AM EDT on June 25, 2017
- Finally, someone has started to make one. I can't wait for it to be finished.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 5:16 PM EDT on June 25, 2017
- Hey this is pretty neat, nice work! I just tried it and the violin sounds fine to me but the brass from both games were always hard to loop from my experience, I'm surprised at how small the SF2 file size is which is great and I can't wait to see further progress on your soundfont in the future.
Here are some experimental loops I made in the past you could use or add if you want https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8rHgE_H8aJsY3lrOXhOd3QwRW8
- by forumguy at 12:42 AM EDT on June 26, 2017
- The problem with the violin is that I tried the violin in the Slider midi and the violin at the end didn't sound quite well. That's what I meant about it not being mapped correctly. Version 2 is coming this way, but you'll have to wait :)
edited 12:43 AM EDT June 26, 2017
- by forumguy at 12:48 AM EDT on June 26, 2017
- Also, here's a little funny note. I'm working on this on 2 computers. I am not kidding.
- Help with the sitar by forumguy at 8:51 AM EDT on July 4, 2017
- Before I release Version 2, I need help with recreating the sitar. You see, I need to achieve this effect with the sitar. I don't know how to do it. I tried the sitar with the Slider midi but it didn't pitch well and just sounds awful. If anyone has some info on how to do this please tell me. If no one can help, I'll just release V2 anyway.
- by Mr.Sanic at 3:14 PM EST on November 9, 2017
- Use FL Studio
It is very helpful.
See some FL Studio pitch tutorials and you're done.
BTW, Release V2 please plase ;-;
- by forumguy at 5:26 AM EST on November 17, 2017
Version 2! :D
- by dj4uk6cjm at 3:31 PM EST on November 17, 2017
- I just realized other than the yoshi bongos, it's missing the rest of the percussion instruments from the games. Good soundfont though, thanks for version 2 release! That harp sounds beautiful. :)
- by Mr.Sanic at 6:33 PM EST on November 23, 2017
- I don't want to sound rude,but...
will you make V3? XD
edited 6:34 PM EST November 23, 2017
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0031s;