Previous Page | Next Page
- by MoldyPond at 6:57 PM EST on December 24, 2017
- @bxaimc I had no idea. That's really nice to hear :D
- by mariofan12ify at 9:14 AM EST on December 25, 2017
- This might be an enormous pain in the neck to do, but would someone be able to make some brstm files from the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle files? I know that the intro and loop part for each song are separate, but it's hard to find the right files to match up.
The reason I'm asking is because I want to try and make an OSV of the game.
edited 9:14 AM EST December 25, 2017
- by MoldyPond at 10:42 AM EST on December 25, 2017
- @mariofan12ify You do realize that creating an OSV out of user created brstms = making files out of purposely further compressed files isn't really a great idea?
Wouldn't it make more sense to create it from the pre-existing ripped files?
- by bxaimc at 4:51 PM EST on December 25, 2017
- Easier to just convert it all to wav and work from there. Although I’m not really quite sure how lossy the Opus codec is in comparison to DSP ADPCM. Also, I never understand why some people do strange things like turning an already lossy file into FLAC. That’s like making a photocopy of an original painting and then framing the copy for preservation.
- by MoldyPond at 5:33 PM EST on December 25, 2017
- @bxaimc My point exactly. And don't the ripped files already loop to begin with?
- by bxaimc at 7:33 PM EST on December 25, 2017
- Not Mario+Rabbids. They have separate intro and loop files as mentioned. It uses Audiokinetic Wwise Opus.
- by MoldyPond at 8:05 PM EST on December 25, 2017
- Ah, had no idea. Speaking of though, do you know if there are any (at the very least) less lossy or uncompressed methods of creating looping files? (Other than making WAV files loop with audacity).
- by mariofan12ify at 9:50 PM EST on December 25, 2017
- I guess it would much easier if I could find which songs belong together. Because there are quite a lot of files and roughly half of them are cutscene music with SFX. I hope someone could make a list of which tracks are which, because it just looks chaotic to me.
edited 9:57 PM EST December 25, 2017
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 12:46 AM EST on December 26, 2017
- @MoldyPond There are ways to create lossless BRSTMs that use uncompressed 16-bit PCM. You can either use VGAudio or BrawlBox to create those files (though the latest official release of BrawlBox is buggy, so you'll have to compile the source yourself to use the fixed version).
- by MoldyPond at 7:55 AM EST on December 26, 2017
- @ArticJaguar725 That's why I asked in the first place is because (at least from what I can hear) BrawlBox definitely does some further compression. The louder a song is the worse it comes out sounding.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0121s;