Previous Page | Next Page
- by Trogdorbad at 11:47 PM EST on January 8, 2018
- Any chance someone can get the 2.0 update tracks from Splatoon? I'd love to have BFSTMs of the Ink Theory tracks.
Also, can't wait for those Mario Odyssey tracks to get ripped, I need the multitracks for Jump Up, Superstar! really badly. (As far as I can tell, it has a true multitrack in that when you jump on the heads of the performers, their actual audio channel cuts out and the discordant tone plays in place of it)
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 11:42 PM EST on January 9, 2018
- @Trogdorbad I've actually messed around in the game on my own to try and figure out how many channels New Donk City, the Town Hall Band Performance, and Jump Up, Super Star! have. My conclusion has been 10, 10, and 4 respectively. I've found there to be a band track and a vocal track in Jump Up, Super Star! but no individual instrument tracks, which honestly sucks.
- by bxaimc at 11:52 PM EST on January 9, 2018
- 🤔 how did you figure it out?
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 2:44 AM EST on January 10, 2018
- Note these numbers are not confirmed; rather they are just my conclusions. However, I determined the numbers for New Donk City and the Town Hall performance by noticing that a layer was added (2 channels probably/hopefully) every time a performer was recruited. Additionally for the Town Hall performance, chucking Cappy at the performers would cut out their respective channels usually for a couple of seconds. The same is only partially true for Jump Up, Super Star!, as only Pauline's vocals cut out when struck by Cappy but not the instrumentalists. It makes sense because it's so subtle that there's almost no reason to give the performers their own channels (except for Pauline since you must talk to her).
It's possible the Town Hall performance only has 8 channels, but I guessed 10 for the inclusion of the audience. I could very well be wrong there.
edited 2:52 AM EST January 10, 2018
- by bxaimc at 2:53 AM EST on January 10, 2018
- Stick to your original guess. Just listen: Sax, Drums, Bass, Guitar, Brass. Assuming each one is stereo would make that 10 channels.
edited 2:56 AM EST January 10, 2018
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 3:02 AM EST on January 10, 2018
- Actually, I'm 99% sure that trumpet and sax use the same channels. The trumpet player represents both instruments (because game logic, I guess). As for trombone, I don't actually think it's present in the Town Hall performance at all.
EDIT: As far as Jump Up, Super Star! is concerned, I'm pretty sure the Title Screen for Odyssey actually uses the exact same recording of the background instruments (well, until it loops) used in the game's verson of JUSS. If both happen to be lossless (which they probably will not be) and the two weren't mixed fundamentally differently (also unlikely), it would be possible to invert the menu music over JUSS and separate the rhythm track from the band track that way. I mean, the menu track isn't exactly ideal, but hey, it's something...
edited 3:21 AM EST January 10, 2018
- by bxaimc at 10:17 AM EST on January 10, 2018
- The title screen music might just be a separate file as real-time splicing is too resource heavy.
edited 10:23 AM EST January 10, 2018
- by mariofan12ify at 10:23 AM EST on January 10, 2018
- Guess we'll have to find out when the files get ripped... whenever that will be.
- by bxaimc at 10:24 AM EST on January 10, 2018
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 12:31 PM EST on January 10, 2018
- Err, yeah I'm fairly sure the title screen is its own file; even then it could be used to separate the backgrounds through inversion methods if the mixing was lazy. The chances of it working effectively are already very small, so there's almost no reason in bringing it up.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software