Previous Page | Next Page
- by simonmkwii at 9:02 AM EDT on April 6, 2018
- @starerik - Now I'm convinced you're trolling.
Grant Kirkhope, David Wise and Steve Burke; bad compositions?
They are some of the best video game composers of all time.
- by bxaimc at 9:23 AM EDT on April 6, 2018
- To be far, this one was alright. Nothing spectacular compared to other compositions. Anyway. I used the xmls to rename everything that was listed in the PS4 version. In the end, you might have a couple of tracks that are nameless (or ID’d) but the majority should be mentioned in at least one XML.
edited 9:23 AM EDT April 6, 2018
- by simonmkwii at 10:00 AM EDT on April 6, 2018
- @bxaimc - I'll do a re-up with the correct filenames!
EDIT: I can't find any XML document with filenames in it...
edited 10:10 AM EDT April 6, 2018
- by starerik at 10:41 AM EDT on April 6, 2018
- @simonmkwii They were pretty great. Not so much anymore. Seriously, there's no unity in the soundtrack of Yooka. It either sounds Banjo (not good Banjo, more like fan music made by 14 year olds on youtube), Tropical Freeze or.. whatever. A good composer team would have worked together to come up with a new sound for this game, but they all did the same old thing (but worse) and it's terrible.
David Wise still has potential, but Grant... man. He lost it a long time ago.
- by bxaimc at 11:07 AM EDT on April 6, 2018
- @Simon: I haven’t looked at it yet but is it WEM? And are there any XMLs at all in the sound folder?
edited 11:08 AM EDT April 6, 2018
- by simonmkwii at 1:05 PM EDT on April 6, 2018
- @bxaimc - Yes, it's all WEM, but there's not a single XML to be found.
- by MoldyPond at 1:43 PM EDT on April 6, 2018
- @stareik I know there really wasn't any consistency with YL's music, but you can't tell me that after listening to the Tribalstack, Moodymaze and Cashino's minecart and Track Attack that David Wise failed. Somehow he just keeps getting better with age (Snake Pass is another amazing example)
edited 1:45 PM EDT April 6, 2018
- by simonmkwii at 1:27 AM EDT on April 7, 2018
- @bxaimc - I'd have to disagree about Grant Kirkhope.
The Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle soundtrack is one of the best of 2017!
- by mariofan12ify at 1:31 AM EDT on April 7, 2018
- True, I loved the OST for that game. Especially his arrangement of Peach's Castle.
- by bxaimc at 10:04 AM EDT on April 7, 2018
- Eh? I never said anything about Mario+Rabbids. That one was good.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0077s;