Previous Page | Next Page
- by bxaimc at 1:32 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- Vector Please, I'm trying to calm everything down :v
- by Vector Harbor at 1:58 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- Oh sorry...i thought i could help for once.
- by MoldyPond at 7:46 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- I've been really afraid this whole time from the directs and trailers that the sound effect quality has been pretty low, and was REALLY hoping it wouldn't be the same deal for the music, but goddamn these are like 192kbps MP3 quality.
To quote Sakurai himself "This is a little bit of trivia, but thanks to improvements in compression technology, we were able to fit all this music into the game without sacrificing audio quality in only a quarter of the space it took in Smash for Wii U. It’s like magic!"
I'm guessing he knows how to make great games but doesn't understand audio quality at all.
- by Sephirothkefka at 10:03 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- Part of the crap sound is due to the opus implementation in FFMpeg. bnnm is working on using libopus instead hopefully in next weeks vgmstream build. We can only hope itll be better from there.
- by marcusss at 10:09 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- lol MoldyPond. Nice short jab at him ;) Yes in this day and age I think they can do a little better than 70kbps opus e.g. although opus does sound good. Not like they have much issues with space..
They are good though regardless of quality so glad to listen to his music.
Even Unreal Engine 4 games I have ripped can sound good but the music is like 40kbps vorbis. I guess they can do some overkill and use 400 ut for efficiency they choose the higher road... But damn we demand some quality ..at least for once ;)
edited 10:12 AM EST November 24, 2018
- by MoldyPond at 10:29 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- It's acceptable, but noticabely muddy. Really hoping they release an HD music pack as a sepearate download but we all know that's never happening.
I mean, to be fair, it's 1033 files so obviously some sacrifices had to be made, but I'm of the understanding that music should never be noticabely compressed, ESPECIALLY when it wasn't in the previous games.
- by MoldyPond at 10:31 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- @Sephirothkefka What do you mean by this exactly? How does one plugin make audio playback sound more compressed than another? And as far as I know I uninstalled ffmpeg awhile ago and have solely been using vgmstream.
- by LuigiBlood at 10:53 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- 6.2.0 is cracked so I guess more music will still happen, after all
- by bxaimc at 10:57 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- We had similar issues with BNSF in the past. Replacing a decoder library with a more improved one made everything sound much better.
- by MoldyPond at 11:20 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- Well then... :)
Crossing my fingers!
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0109s;