Previous Page | Next Page
- by 54634564 at 10:22 PM EDT on August 28, 2017
- Does the game require firmware over 3.0? I think I've read that anything past 3.0 uses new crypto that the hackers can't decrypt, at least until they hack a newer firmware.
edited 10:25 PM EDT August 28, 2017
- by mariofan12ify at 2:35 AM EDT on August 29, 2017
- I read a post on a forum saying that it's under 3.0 so I guess it can be ripped.
- Mario Rabbids news by Sephirothkefka at 6:23 PM EDT on August 29, 2017
- I checked some info about Mario Rabbids and as it turns out it seems to use Wwise ADPCM. Which type is unclear. Hopefully the sampling rate and quality is decent enough.
- by Vector Harbor at 9:41 PM EDT on August 29, 2017
- Where did you get that ?
- by mariofan12ify at 12:23 AM EDT on August 30, 2017
- I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been ripped yet. I mean, Sonic Mania on PC got ripped almost instantly. I was hoping Mario + Rabbids would too.
Has anyone ripped it yet? Or at least tried?
edited 7:49 AM EDT August 30, 2017
- by soneek at 1:03 PM EDT on August 30, 2017
- Anyone can rip from PC games. Switch is another story entirely. It might not even be doable yet for the newer games.
- by Sephirothkefka at 8:36 PM EDT on August 30, 2017
- @vector I got the info from the Intellectual Property notice page. I suggest people should check that just to be sure what we're up against.
- by mariofan12ify at 12:28 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- @soneek - I hate to ask, since I don't have experience with ripping from discs/cartridges, but why might the newer games not be rippable yet? Wouldn't they just be the same as the first few games?
- by Mouser X at 12:57 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- As I understand it (based entirely on what I've read on this forum over the last few days) the Switch had an update to the firmware, which either broke, fixed, removed, or altered the exploit the cartridge rippers were using to rip games. Thus, newer games, which likely won't run without the update, won't be rippable using the current means, until they find, create, or "fix" a new exploit.
Seeing as "software" titles were ripped (Splatoon 2 demo), it is possible to rip eShop games. But since the eShop requires the update, it's unlikely we'll get any new eShop rips, until a new exploit is found. As for the cartridges, I don't know how the current exploit works (again, I've only read this forum. I haven't gone researching). It's possible that, even if they can't play/run the game (because they've stuck to the old, exploitable firmware), they can still rip it, using the older firmware. But that depends on how the exploit works, and what it does. If the game has to be playable to rip it, then they won't be able to rip newer games until a new exploit is found, for the new firmware.
Hopefully that explains why future software might not be rippable. Mouser X over and out.
- by despycl at 5:49 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- @mouser x it depends, since mario × rabbids comes with an update prior to 3.0.1, so as i have seen the problem isnt that the game cant be ripped, but the fact that the game files format are unknown orjust that nobody has ripped them yet.
edited 5:51 PM EDT September 1, 2017
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0084s;