- VERY IMPORTANT - The Great Escape *.PSF (Xbox) by Mygoshi at 6:19 PM EDT on July 25, 2017
- Ok so since 3 years I'm trying to know what's the codec used for this file and how to convert it into a playable format (like good settings for GENH). Is it possible to know? I think it's sort of IMA and uses 44100Hz for Frequency and Stereo. That's all I seem to know.
Here's sample: Click here
edited 6:19 PM EDT July 25, 2017
- by Mygoshi at 5:07 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- by Mygoshi at 7:18 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- That byte at every offset 8 of the extracted files (in reality it's offset 0 because the first 8 bytes are the PSF header) reminds me to an adpcm codec I have already seen but don't remember what.
- by bnnm at 7:20 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- Looks like a custom codec, maybe based on PS ADPCM.
- by Mygoshi at 7:22 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- Mh, thanks for the info. It's from the Xbox version of the game though, and, do you know more about this? How to create a good GENH?
- by bnnm at 8:17 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- It's an unsupported codec. You can't create GENHs unless support is added into vgmstream.
It looks like PS ADPCM without flags (coding_PSX_ADPCM_cfg), even though it's Xbox. Probably they just used the same ADPCM codec for all their games.
- by Mygoshi at 8:21 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- Ok. Can I give you an another file that has header and offsets? It's better for understanding.
Here's the link : HERE
edited 8:21 PM EDT August 5, 2017
- by Mygoshi at 8:43 PM EDT on August 7, 2017
- Ok the other codec seems IMA no?
edited 8:43 PM EDT August 7, 2017
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;