- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Soundfont by dj4uk6cjm at 5:16 PM EDT on August 2, 2017
- Hey, thought I'd share this here since everyone wanted a rip of this game and plus all the hype over the remake from Nintendo scheduled to release later this year https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6RDTwb4OndTdjItUFhwMUN6VVk/view it's the real deal. My friend made it recently last month and just so you know even though it uses samples ripped straight from the game, it has not been tested or paired with the ripped midi's as of yet, however he said he will try to get them to work with the soundfont soon.
If you need the ripped midi's or want to play around with them, you can get them from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rHgE_H8aJsQzVSR3ExZnFrd0U/view enjoy!
- by Kurausukun at 5:57 PM EDT on August 2, 2017
- This is really awesome. I'm assuming your friend just manually found the instruments somehow, but how did you get the midis?
- by dj4uk6cjm at 6:15 PM EDT on August 2, 2017
- No he had to manually rip them from the game using a tool online from the openmpt forum, he showed me a link to the thread awhile back but I forgot to save it.
As for the ripped midi's they've been circulating around the internet for quite some time now, maybe about a year or 2 I think. I have no idea who ripped them but I happened to stumble upon them a long time ago, they sound extremely accurate!
- by mariofan12ify at 6:30 PM EDT on August 2, 2017
- I hate to be picky, but the soundfonts are kind of "off". they're a little out of pitch and the way each instrument is really wack because I have no idea which instrument to apply to which channel. When you rip soundfonts, they would need to match up with each MIDI channel like this: https://mega.nz/#!zEcxADjZ!s5XsZvLWyY6VFqo4zvth40cwz9ErGqafWBeXcyiZcww
- by dj4uk6cjm at 6:45 PM EDT on August 2, 2017
- Well I didn't exactly say it was perfect but it's the best we have right now :P I'm sure my friend will work on fixing them because it would be nice to at least have the drumkits mapped to midi's, no word on when that will be but I'll definitely bump this thread in case I learn of any new updates for the soundfont.
- by G-Boy at 12:03 PM EDT on August 3, 2017
- Are the samples ripped directly from the game or recorded?
- by dj4uk6cjm at 12:20 PM EDT on August 3, 2017
- Ripped from what I've been told, I don't think anyone could record every single sample from the game since that would be way too tedious but maybe it's possible.
- by G-Boy at 2:24 PM EDT on August 15, 2017
- FYI, the saxophone in Let's See What You've Got! (the battle theme), the rock organ in Let's See More of What You've Got! (the boss theme) and the piano in Popple's battle theme seems to be missing. Is that possible to fix?
edited 3:12 PM EDT August 15, 2017
- by sirsoundfont at 9:21 PM EDT on August 15, 2017
- A while ago, I ripped the soundfont from Superstar Saga straight from a ROM of the game, and this soundfont is a lot different. I don't know why they wouldn't be the same, unless this soundfont isn't actually from Superstar Saga. (It could be fake)
- by StarWolf3000 at 3:20 AM EDT on August 16, 2017
- @sirsoundfont It probably was not the one from Superstar Saga, but Mario Bros. instead, which is part of the ROM. The same applies to sequences which you may have found. Its unclear that MLSS actually uses the MP2k engine.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.004s;