- Porting N64 audio SDK to PC by derselbst at 8:37 AM EDT on August 10, 2017
- I pretty like the way SGI designed the synthesizer of the N64. I want to make N64's libnaudio work on PC, hoping to reproduce OST (favorably from RARE games) accurately but in higher quality, allowing use of midi track loops, muting channels + multichannel rendering.
Has this already been done? Is it possible at all? Any other comments?
- by datschge at 6:47 PM EDT on August 11, 2017
- N64 has no synthesizer, or any audio processor, at all. All audio is done in software (and to improve the quality one would need to rewrite or reimplement that).
- by derselbst at 3:51 AM EDT on August 12, 2017
- I meant software synthesizer, sry. And yes specifically the resampler will probably need to be reworked.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0035s;