Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ultrafighter at 4:26 AM EDT on August 21, 2018
- I don't know if it's an issue or an actual bug but my 1.86GB parts simply keep becoming 1.35GB ones here. Is it possible that they're not being correctly & fully transferred to that buffer between vgm.hcs64.com & joshw.info?
- by datschge at 5:19 AM EDT on August 21, 2018
- All changes done, now text search, filter by system and by tags can all be freely combined. Let me know if there are any issues.
@Ultrafighter - There are no errors in my logs. You may be running into some hidden transfer/time limit, I'd have to check that out to reproduce. I'll ask Josh whether it's possible to host the upload form right on his server so file size limit and having to transfer data between servers are no longer necessary. Other than that you could also upload the files directly to Josh's server using SFTP.
edited 5:28 AM EDT August 21, 2018
- by bnnm at 4:43 PM EDT on August 26, 2018
- Thanks a lot, the tag list is wondrous.
I sure didn't expect so many random extensions in the "other" category tho :S
Any chance you could add tag filtering by platform? :) (or just... some way to remove them "others")
Even if you can't, I think the tag list should also show the selected platform anyway.
Feels kind of erratic if you filter by platform, go to tags (platforms disappear), click tag, then filter reappears and still applies.
- by datschge at 5:57 PM EDT on August 26, 2018
- @bnnm - Added filtering by system for tags. Others is not the only "system" with plenty pesky random extensions (though it certainly has the most). Pretty interesting to browse actually.
- by bnnm at 4:25 PM EDT on August 28, 2018
- Excellent, much appreciated.
I was going to suggest a bit of separation between platforms and tags but seems you already added it. It shows when filtering by platform first but not if you filter by tag first though.
- by Ultrafighter at 5:34 AM EDT on August 31, 2018
- Hello Datschge, I just wanted to say that you can delete that unfinished Need for speed - Undercover PS2 upload, I started upping it and almost immediately stopped the process because I realized there was a typo in a name of 1 file. I quickly repacked entire archive and uploaded that fixed version, BTW it's already appeared @JoshW.info.
- by bnnm at 5:15 PM EDT on September 2, 2018
- A minor issue with the tag list, sometimes I get incorrect platform/exts.
For example I selected "hca" and it showed "PS2" as platform and some set, which evidently didn't have them. Other time I filtered by "PSP" and got "exe" as a posible exts, but no sets would had it.
But tried again later and they don't show those results anymore, so maybe it's normal and it auto-corrects?
- by datschge at 6:02 PM EDT on September 2, 2018
- @bnnm - Are you going back in the browser history? In Firefox doing that doesn't actually clear the tags and system so you can end up with combinations not intended. Chrome and other browsers don't show that issue.
I'm not sure this is worth working around just for some oddly behaving browsers.
- by bnnm at 10:34 AM EDT on September 3, 2018
- Well, when it happened I repeated the search in a new tab several times, to make sure, without using back (which is needed to escape from a set filelist btw).
- by datschge at 10:58 AM EDT on September 4, 2018
- No idea how that could happen, technically that shouldn't be possible. What browser are you using? Are those superfluous tags ones you picked in the past at some point (any pattern in that) or completely random?
Maybe I'll add some hidden debug data sometime that you can copy for me so we have at least some info what could be happening there.
Edit: Or if you can you could use the browser's developer tools (usually in the network tab, then index/domain file) to list and copy the form data sent to the server as part of the request header. The server doesn't store user session data aside login (if done so) so any oddity needs to be within the form data.
edited 11:14 AM EDT September 4, 2018
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software