- by bnnm at 1:25 PM EDT on September 8, 2018
- I use Firefox mainly, and I don't remember any particular patterns (ex. I got "exe" in Vita but not sure I've ever searched/selected those, maybe were part of another set).
Next time it happens I'll debug a bit and try other browsers, but it wasn't super important, just weird.
- by marcusss at 8:46 AM EDT on September 23, 2018
- I see some more issues with the frontend. I uploaded some rips today and they display the wrong filenames..
Displaying details for I Hate Running Backwards - High Stakes (2018-05-22)(Binx)(Devolver Digital).7z 215.76MB 2018-09-23 07:05
File Extension: txth vbx
21 files contained in this set (contains no duplicate files):
This game has .fsb files and diferent names
- by datschge at 10:50 AM EDT on September 24, 2018
- @marcusss: thanks, fixed.
- by ChillyBilly at 11:38 PM EDT on September 27, 2018
- So... I dunno if anyone suggested this before, but is it possible to make it so that we can download individual files, not just entire archives? I think it would be convenient in cases such as searching for specific tracks in a rip, or if a preexisting rip is updated with new tracks (such as from DLC), and we can just download the new content instead of redownloading the whole archive (especially if they're big ones). Of course, if this feature isn't possible, I understand. Still, just throwing the idea out there....
- by datschge at 5:05 AM EDT on September 28, 2018
- I'd have to ask Josh first, but as a public service I'd imagine it'll very likely be too much load on the server as every single file access would have to start a 7z decompression process with respective memory consumption and run time which due to the huge set sizes is not negligible.
If the main use case is just getting the updated portion between an old and new versions of a set it may be worth thinking about versioning and automatically generating diff packages. Not sure there is real demand for that though.
edited 5:11 AM EDT September 28, 2018
- by Knurek at 11:11 AM EDT on September 28, 2018
- If need be, we can always repack to non-solid zip.
- by Ultrafighter at 5:33 AM EDT on September 29, 2018
- I don't think it's a good idea at all, it'd make sense to download parts of sets & look for select compositions if descriptive filenames or tagged rips were the majority of VGM collection but it's not.
Also if anyone rerips a title I don't see anything preventing him from simply including both existent & new/changed files in a single package. Even if most tracks (like WMAs in specific directories of Xbox discs or AT3 streams coming from BGM folders of a PSP/PS3 image) are identical in both variants of a set there's no valid reason (IMHO) for a ripper to make an archive with only added tracks and wait for a moderator to do quite a few actions - probably DL that outdated ver., unpack both v.1 & v.2 then repack it all in one 7z file. I think it's way more reasonable for a provider of a fresh gamerip to do those rather easy routines himself.
Finally redownloading huge sets only for added DLC BGMs is somewhat realistic scenario but are there many such rips? Then my humble opinion is that it happens quite rarely when DLC music's added later to an existing downloadable gamerip, am I right?
All in all this is a novelty which is presumably hard + time-consuming to implement but it won't do much good anyway.
edited 5:40 AM EDT September 29, 2018
- by marcusss at 7:43 AM EDT on September 29, 2018
- These days dlc packages include the older updates and/all the initial release as well but would be a good.idea if there wasn't too much server load or memory consumption.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0039s;