- GEP causing some wave channels to change duty cycles by TheUltimateKoopa at 10:03 AM EDT on September 10, 2017
- I think that's the correct word for it.
In some games such as Donkey Kong Land, on the wave channel, the square wave will suddenly change from 50% to 25%. For example, in the "Mountain" theme at around 34.4 seconds.
- by kode54 at 7:03 PM EDT on September 10, 2017
- The Wave channel is not meant to be programmed while it is running, otherwise writes to the Wave RAM go to unpredictable locations.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 8:18 PM EDT on September 10, 2017
- Are you saying that this (sort of) problem which only happens with GEP, is unavoidable?
- by kode54 at 8:26 PM EDT on September 10, 2017
- I'm saying this sort of problem would happen on actual hardware. Have you verified or not?
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 8:33 PM EDT on September 10, 2017
- I don't have a Game Boy to test it on.
All I know is that every single version of that song (Construction Site/Building/whatever), the wave channel is always a square wave.
Maybe someone has uploaded a "directly recorded from a Game Boy" soundtrack on Final Fantasy Shrine, I could compare it with.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;