- GBA Non-Sappy GSF ripping by memelover at 10:40 AM EDT on September 15, 2017
- I managed to rip a GSF of the non-sappy game "Juka and the Monochromatic Menace" from rom2GSF, but the whole file appears to only be the title screen music.
How do you branch that GSF to get MINIGSFs for all of the different songs in the game?
I have no real experience whatsoever, but I couldn't find a rip of the music, so I decided to try ripping it myself.
- by Knurek at 1:33 PM EDT on September 15, 2017
- Usually minixSF files are just 1-4 bytes of song select code with a specified address to change in the xSFLIB file.
- by memelover at 7:08 PM EDT on September 15, 2017
- How do you find those, though? Also, I don't have an xSFLIB file.
- by RebeccaSugar at 2:36 AM EDT on September 16, 2017
- I'd like to request Astro Boy: Omega Factor.
JP version is ripped, but the (U) version has tweaks.
- by birdmanager6 at 8:27 PM EDT on September 16, 2017
- See my post in the thread about a 2SF rip of Princess Peach to know what it's like outside of the standard format. I know it's a DS game, but I do mention the state of GBA games...which both need to change.
RebeccaSugar, you don't know how to reverse-engineer sequence formats, do you? I'm not necessarily demanding anything, but it would be great if you could help with at least one of these custom formats.
- by Zetto Kuzuuya at 7:23 AM EDT on September 23, 2017
- yeah, one of the games that use a non-sappy engine is Mario and Luigi superstar saga, there's an entire thread for it on multiple forums and some people are still trying to get the font, well at least I think. People bring it up but I don't think any work is being done, and I've been told the only way is to reverse engineer the engine or game or something like that to actually get the samples to make a soundfont. Sorry I'm not of much or any help, though, I don't know many games that don't use the sappy engine besides that.
- by loveemu at 8:09 AM EDT on June 9, 2018
> I'd like to request Astro Boy: Omega Factor.
> JP version is ripped, but the (U) version has tweaks.
I checked if my latest saptapper could work on this, and it worked very well. FYI
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0025s;