- NES Classic/SNES Classic menu music by James at 12:38 AM EDT on October 6, 2017
- Just wondering if the source .wav files exist somewhere around here or if not, how to go about extracting them from the kernels (don't have the physical systems). Would be greatly appreciated!
- by Mr.Sanic at 5:29 PM EDT on October 7, 2017
- Actually,you don't need either physical systems or special cables.
For nes ripping:
NSF Format (Forgot application name,just search nsf player)
And for SNES:
Download .SPC Files from SNES And play or mute channels,to rip just mute the selected channel and record it (same to nes nsf,but instead you save the panned channel)
and open audacity and cut the part that you think i'ts more "clear" sounding and save as .WAV
And open in any application or create a soundfont.
Go on boi,don't give up! ;)
EDIT: To record on the JCOM press that big red button on channel mixer.
edited 5:30 PM EDT October 7, 2017
- by Mr.Sanic at 5:36 PM EDT on October 7, 2017
- Oh and most of the games have exactly the same waveforms (samples) but other uses DAC (Digital Audio Channel) like SMB3.
EDIT:Looks like it's a remastered version...
well if my first post helped you learned how to rip samples from NES and SNES Games.
- by rebooter23 at 9:17 PM EDT on October 7, 2017
- He's looking for the actual stream files of the menu music, not SPC samples.
- by Josh W at 11:28 PM EDT on October 7, 2017
- I'm not sure if there are any differences between the different region releases, I've uploaded mine to Super NES Classic Edition (2017-09-29)(Nintendo).7z
For the PAL consoles, the files are in /usr/share/ui/snes-eur/resources/sounds/hvc
- by James at 2:07 PM EDT on October 8, 2017
- @Josh W
Thanks so much! It's great to have all the sound effects as well. Any chance that you have the NES Classic's music/sounds as well?
- by Josh W at 8:41 PM EDT on October 8, 2017
- Nope, I only have the SNES Classic to rip from
- by Kagemori at 8:01 AM EDT on October 9, 2017
- Maybe someone with a NES classic could check that directory please? Folder structure should be similar between NES and SNES, so the sound is probably stored the same way.
I don't own one but would also like the NESC menu song. Thanks for the SNESC rip btw!
- by Koto at 7:02 PM EDT on October 9, 2017
- I could try if someone tells me how to do so.
- by agu fungus at 3:40 PM EST on February 2, 2018
- Here, I found the NESC audio: https://www.sendspace.com/file/x04tgw
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;