- Ripping files from .BRSTM by Mr.Sanic at 2:43 PM EDT on October 7, 2017
- HELLO GUYS!
Today i had a little trouble extracting .brstm's from Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart Wii.
while extracting the brstms via dolphin i heard you can "hack" those.
so,can you extract files/samples from brstm?
Please i need help asap.
- by bxaimc at 10:05 PM EDT on October 7, 2017
- By hack, it really means speed hack. Since Paper Mario BRSTMs have an incorrectly specified sampling frequency rate in the RSTM header, renaming the files to .SPMBRSTM and playing them with vgmstream enables use of the so called hack to play them at normal speed.
- by Mr.Sanic at 5:55 PM EDT on October 9, 2017
- But can you extract samples from those?
i really,REALLY need super paper mario samples for my hack ;-;
EDIT: from new. super mario bros. Wii too
edited 5:56 PM EDT October 9, 2017
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 10:01 PM EDT on October 9, 2017
- I'm a little confused by what you're trying to ask. BRSTMs are streamed files; in other words, each BRSTM file contains a standalone track that is encoded similarly to how a WAV or MP3 file would be encoded. Extracting instrument samples from a BRSTM is impossible because there are no individual samples to extract in the first place. However, if you are looking to extract the streams from the BRSTM files, look no further than vgmstream. If you're looking to replace the BRSTM streams with your own, a simple Google search should provide you with a program capable of creating custom BRSTMs.
On the other hand, could you be thinking of BRSAR files instead? The three games you've listed appear to have their music streamed, but generally you'll find that sampled information will be stored within a game's BRSAR depending on the game.
- by Benjamin at 9:14 AM EDT on October 10, 2017
- Your best bet to find samples for streamed music is to look through keyboards, sample CDs, VSTs, and whatnot from back then. The VGM/Others Instrument Source Thread might help you a bit as well.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii uses plenty of Roland Fantom X and Apple Logic Pro, and the Bowser battle themes use Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra.
Super Paper Mario definitely uses a Roland keyboard as well, I believe it's an XV since I heard the Floro Sapien Caverns phaser pad in there.
Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra is also used plenty and some GarageBand kits and ES2 patches from now and back when Emagic owned Logic might be used as well.
Zero-G Ambient, Ueberschall 8 Bit Stylez, Ueberschall Techno Identity, Best Service Ethno World, Best Service XXLarge Club Edition volume 4, and maybe Yellow Tools Pure Drums are all used too, but beyond that I don't really know what else SPM uses.
edited 6:52 PM EDT October 10, 2017
- by Mr.Sanic at 11:57 AM EDT on October 10, 2017
- Thank you guys!
This helped me a lot,
i will search for more information!
PS:How to extract BRSAR Samples?
- by Vector Harbor at 12:55 PM EDT on October 10, 2017
- I think you have to use BrawlBox for that
edited 1:03 PM EDT October 10, 2017
- by Kurausukun at 2:51 AM EDT on October 11, 2017
- No, it's better to use VGMToolBox for extracting sample collections, etc. from BRSARs.
- by Mr.Sanic at 8:56 PM EDT on October 11, 2017
- Downloaded it,seems helpful.
but how do you open the BRSAR's,Kurausukun?
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 11:12 PM EDT on October 12, 2017
- To extract everything, you'll want to open VGMToolbox and navigate to Misc. Tools/Extraction Tools/Generic/Advanced Cutter in the side bar. Next, in the Presets box, you'll want to select "Nintendo Wii - RWAV Streams" and press Load. Finally, take your source BRSAR file and drag and drop it into the "Files to Search" box.
You'll be left with an archive of RWAV streams. These can be played back and/or converted to WAV using vgmstream. Additionally, all looping sounds will have their loop points stored within the RWAV files, and those can be found again by using vgmstream.
EDIT: I strongly recommend installing foobar2000 along with the vgmstream plugin if you haven't already. It should make playing back, converting, and parsing through the RWAV files tremendously easier.
edited 11:24 PM EDT October 12, 2017
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;