- My Sample Extraction Collections from GCN, GBA, N64, and PS2!! :) <3 by M. O. Marmalade at 10:18 PM EDT on October 8, 2017
- I've been extracting, and sorting, the samples from some of my favorite games (I have yet to figure out how to extract Pikmin's instruments, and haven't looked into Kirby Air Ride yet). I created a site to host them and the rest of my projects :) (although the site is in its early stages, I haven't put all that much up there yet)
If you're interested in the sample collections from Animal Crossing: Population Growing!, Super Mario Sunshine, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Wave Race 64, this is the place to download them! :)
I have sorted them into their instrument categories as well (bass, bells/marimbas, kick drums, hi hats, snares, synths, pianos/organs, etc)
I hope whoever finds this enjoys it and makes some sick music with it!! If you do use these packs, please do send me a link to whatever you make with them! I will definitely take a listen, and maybe even help you get some exposure for your music if it's something I really dig! :)
my soundcloud is soundcloud.com/masterorangemarmalade, and my twitter is twitter.com/MasterOrangeMrm
Either of those sites are a great way to get a hold of me! ( just send me a message on soundcloud, or tweet me with a mention on twitter :) )
Have a nice day everyone! ~Master Orange Marmalade
edited 10:19 PM EDT October 8, 2017
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 10:18 PM EDT on October 9, 2017
- Quick note on Kirby Air Ride: its music is stored within streamed HPS files. Sound effects can be found within the game's SSM files, but I don't think there are any instrument samples to be found there. In other words, don't even bother with Kirby Air Ride.
- by M. O. Marmalade at 3:30 PM EDT on October 17, 2017
- nooooooooo haha dammit XD I'm suspecting that Pikmin's music might be streamed as well? I know it's not in the same format as the GCN games I provided, that's why I never extracted it :\ haven't found anyone who has, either.. however, judging by the fact that the music changes depending on whether or not you're in battle and stuff like that, it makes me think the samples are actually in there somewhere :o I doubt they would be crossfading between streamed wavs for that
edited 3:33 PM EDT October 17, 2017
- by dj4uk6cjm at 3:55 AM EDT on October 25, 2017
- I doubt the links are still good but this thread is clear evidence that the Gamecube Pikmin games are not streamed https://www.hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=43140.
Also a long time ago back in 2015 I looped some Pikmin instrument samples for someone on youtube that sended them to me who did extract them or obtained them in some form apparently, since there's no soundfont they might be somewhat useful: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rHgE_H8aJsc1Rja0lhUEdkTWc/view?usp=sharing.
- by M. O. Marmalade at 4:56 PM EDT on October 26, 2017
- Dude!!! :O :O you're amazing!!!! I've been wanting these instruments for so long!! I'm definitely gonna make some songs with this stuff :D Oh maaaan.. If I make something with them, I could post it here if you wanted to hear. Up to you :)
Thank you so much man. :D I only know how to rip a specific format for GC (whatever format all the games I posted up are in), so getting the samples out of Pikmin 1 and 2 would have just taken me sooooooo much work, if I could even manage to do it without dying of stress XD haha you're a life-saver, man! :)
edited 4:58 PM EDT October 26, 2017
- by dj4uk6cjm at 9:56 PM EDT on October 26, 2017
- Hey you're welcome! I hope you make cool music using them 😃 and that'll be neat! I've already listened to some of your tunes on soundcloud and like your style, also I checked the links in that other thread for the Pikmin 1 midi's are still good if you haven't downloaded them yet so maybe you can remake the soundtrack with them or something.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;