- This snddata.obj file is the bane of my existence! Urgent help required! by simonmkwii at 2:42 AM EDT on October 13, 2017
- Turns out this file is in all of the GameCube games developed by Nintendo Software Technology, and it contains sound effect data in the ADPCM format, but it is packed in a container that no-one has ever reverse engineered!
The games it is in are:
1080° Avalanche (Confirmed)
Wave Race: Blue Storm (Important! Contains the condescending announcer easter egg!) (Confirmed)
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Unconfirmed)
The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Unconfirmed)
Here is the file from Wave Race: Blue Storm!
I would upload the file from 1080° Avalanche as well, but my disc is a bit scratched and my Wii gives up halfway through copying the file.
Note: The file header begins with "SNDFILE" if that helps.
edited 2:43 AM EDT October 13, 2017
edited 6:05 AM EDT October 13, 2017
- by furrybob at 10:54 AM EDT on October 13, 2017
- The .obj file's a simple archive. Once you've extracted that, you'd have the individual file formats to deal with.
The archive has the structure:
- More help needed! by simonmkwii at 11:36 PM EDT on October 17, 2017
- I have been trying nonstop and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to correctly implement that file structure in C code to unpack the archive!
- I cannot do it! by simonmkwii at 4:28 AM EDT on October 18, 2017
- I am still unable to extract it!
- Bump by simonmkwii at 11:32 PM EST on February 5, 2018
- Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I still haven't figured out how to do it.
I wrote a quickBMS script based on the structure you provided, and it finds 0 files.
It says "Coverage file 0" and that's it.
- by soneek at 6:45 PM EST on February 6, 2018
- Can you post your script?
- Script: by simonmkwii at 8:50 AM EST on February 7, 2018
- char Signature;
struct FileDesc Files[FileCount];
- by bxaimc at 9:24 AM EST on February 7, 2018
- That’s not how you write a BMS script at all...
This is merely a description of the file structure that furrybob posted.......
edited 9:28 AM EST February 7, 2018
- by AnonRunzes at 2:52 PM EST on February 7, 2018
- oh god simonmkwii how can you be so fucking stupid?
"writing a quickBMS script" does not mean "copy-pasting someone's example on how to do it"
- by soneek at 6:37 PM EST on February 8, 2018
- Make sure to read the documentation for QuickBMS. This is really simple to write an extraction script for.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;