- ATRAC9 Decoding by furrybob at 9:36 PM EDT on November 4, 2017
- I've been doing stuff with HCA encoding for the past month, and now that VGAudio's HCA encoder is complete, I'm working on finishing an ATRAC9 decoder. I figured I'd keep the HCA thread a bit cleaner and start an ATRAC9 one.
The decoder is complete and been pretty thoroughly tested. The source will be released after I've done some final cleanup on it. When the source code is first published, the ATRAC9 decoder will be part of VGAudio
A build of the VGAudio UWP app with ATRAC9 decoding support can be found here. You may need to install the included dependencies if they haven't been already.
For now, I've posted a small amount of documentation for the ATRAC9 format. It can be found in the atrac9-docs branch of VGAudio. Once ATRAC9 support is merged, the documentation will be found in the master branch
edited 9:37 PM EDT November 4, 2017
- by Vector Harbor at 9:51 PM EDT on November 4, 2017
- So that means this atrac9 decoder will get some updates ? Or will it be added to foobar ? I'm curious about that.
edited 9:52 PM EDT November 4, 2017
- by AnonRunzes at 10:08 PM EDT on November 4, 2017
- @furrybob - Do you have any plans on ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus decoding/encoding at the moment?
- by furrybob at 11:20 PM EDT on November 4, 2017
- @Vector Harbor
That looks like someone took a batch script, at9tool 1.6, and ffmpeg and crammed them all into one executable. I'm not sure what updates it would need other than updating the ~5-year-old at9tool.
The point with this new decoder is that it's open source, and could be distributed with and/or integrated into other software.
I don't. Besides, isn't ATRAC3(plus) documented? Is there anything incomplete in regards to decoding?
- by AnonRunzes at 12:01 AM EDT on November 5, 2017
- @furrybob - Well, I just want a decent encoder that doesn't come from the SDK, but also has support for other formats that use the codec beyond just the RIFF format(RXWS/SGXD for example).
edited 12:03 AM EDT November 5, 2017
- by furrybob at 12:20 AM EDT on November 5, 2017
- So there are containers other than RIFF that contain ATRAC3 audio? And neither ffmpeg or VGMStream support them?
- by AnonRunzes at 10:20 AM EST on November 5, 2017
- @furrybob - Exactly, but only on the ffmpeg part. It might be the case with ATRAC9 as well, since there are also audio formats that use this codec such as SGXD. I have no samples of those formats at the moment to give you an general idea of how they look like, unfortunately.
edited 10:21 AM EST November 5, 2017
- by furrybob at 5:17 PM EST on November 11, 2017
- I've uploaded a build of VGAudio with ATRAC9 decoding support here.
- by marcusss at 9:00 AM EST on November 12, 2017
- Thanks or the tool. I tested it on some at9 files and decodes to a playable .dsp file.
- by furrybob at 11:31 AM EST on November 12, 2017
Oh, yeah. Right now, DSP is the default output type if one isn't specified. You can output another type by specifying an output file.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;