- Is there a way to rip music from PC game roms? by 3DModelTesting at 8:55 PM EST on January 5, 2018
- I have a rom of the PC/Microsoft Windows version of the video game F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate. I was wondering if there was a way to rip/extract music from it.
Is it possible to obtain music from a PC rom? I know it's difficult to rip music from other system's roms, like PlayStation 2 for example, but is it any easier to extract music from a rom of a PC game?
Thanks in advance.
- by MoldyPond at 9:29 PM EST on January 5, 2018
- With a lot of PC games, usually if you open up the contents of the CD in explorer there'll be a music or sounds folder in there somewhere. If not then they might be wherever the game gets installed to. Third option would be them packed into a file of some sort (in the CD or installation folder) that can either be extracted with winrar or a special tool.
- by Infernus Animositas at 12:05 PM EST on January 6, 2018
- You can open up the .arch00 archive files and extract the music using Dragon UnPACKer. All of the audio is encoded in PCM WAV so you can listen to it right after you've extracted it from the archive.
- ripping music by 3DModelTesting at 7:38 PM EST on January 6, 2018
- Okay, I'll give those a try. However, those methods work even if I don't have the actual copy of the PC version of the game? Like I said, I have a rom of it, not the actual copy, so will those options still stand with that being the case?
- by MoldyPond at 10:34 PM EST on January 6, 2018
- By rom, do you mean ISO?
- by Infernus Animositas at 3:17 AM EST on January 7, 2018
- Yeah, it will work just fine :)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0026s;