- How would i go about ripping music from a download play game? (DS) by Chocolate2890 at 10:01 PM EST on January 21, 2018
- I have a few DS download play roms, specifically the ones from the DS programming seminar in japan that were distributed at download stations. what i'd usually do to rip music is drop the rom in VGMtrans and the sequences would be there. They were not, so i tried tinke to see what was up with the filesystem. No filesystem. At that point i gave up, but now i found this forum and was wondering if anybody could help me with this. Also, is it allowed to distribute roms here? I suppose it wouldn't really matter in this case since the games were free in the first place, but just wondering since i couldn't find the rules.
- by bxaimc at 10:25 PM EST on January 21, 2018
- If ya got an NDS ROM, this is all the info you need unless it’s streamed or using a custom driver: http://www.cyberbotx.com/NCSF/
edited 10:26 PM EST January 21, 2018
- by Chocolate2890 at 10:44 PM EST on January 21, 2018
- That tool closes when i try to use it with my rom. i tried it with a nsmb rom and it works with that.
- by bxaimc at 10:58 PM EST on January 21, 2018
- I wonder if it’s streamed then. What’s rom is it?
- by Excalibur624 at 7:33 AM EST on January 22, 2018
- From my knowledge PSF style files (such as NCSF, DSF, SSF, etc.) are mostly associated with sequenced music data. Unfortunately it's probably streamed
- by Chocolate2890 at 10:32 AM EST on January 22, 2018
- I don't think it's streamed. what i'm saying is DS file-dumping programs that work with other DS roms see almost NOTHING in these ones, despite these roms working in an emulator. and i think they use sequenced music due to emulator lag having an effect on it like it would on sequenced music (just slower music) instead of streamed music (crackling). Thanks
- by CyberBotX at 1:11 PM EST on January 22, 2018
- If my tool gives you no NCSFs, then it can't find an SDAT in the ROM. Thus, if the music is sequenced, then it isn't the Nitro Composer format.
- by Chocolate2890 at 1:18 PM EST on January 22, 2018
I'm convinced this game has some stupid kind of encryption on it.
edited 1:20 PM EST January 22, 2018
- by Chocolate2890 at 1:32 PM EST on January 22, 2018
- by Chocolate2890 at 1:39 PM EST on January 22, 2018
These are just so you guys know the rom actually works, haha. There's another rom in this collection where you fuck the ds. i don't know why nintendo broadcasted these roms.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;