- Having some trouble playing a few GSF rips. by AnOldGuyNamedFinch at 3:14 AM EST on January 29, 2018
- I'm not sure if the issue is with Foobar2000, the GSF decoder plugin, or the rips I'm using, but there are two soundtracks that I can't play any files from - F-Zero Maximum Velocity and WarioWare Inc., Mega Microgames.
Both of these used to work just fine, but then it started throwing up error messages saying that they were in an unsupported format (despite other GSF rips working just fine), and after recent updates, they just play a second of silence before stopping without ever showing a single error popup.
What's happening here? Is anyone else having this problem?
- by mariofan12ify at 6:18 AM EST on January 29, 2018
- That happens with me when I try to play Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga GSFs as well, so you're not the only one.
- by MoldyPond at 6:23 AM EST on January 29, 2018
- I was so close to creating this thread a few days ago :3
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is another broken gsf as well, and I recently found out about the Donkey Kong Country 3 GBA soundtrack. With the latest version of the gsf plugin, it makes the soundtrack sound like someone jacked the gain up by quite a bit and it sounds terrible. Downgraded to 2.0.6 and it sounds perfectly fine.
Last thing to note is that Warioware Twisted was only ever ripped from the JP version; we have no english rip of Mona Pizza. Just thought I'd mention that.
Edit: @mariofan12ify You posted that as I was typing this out :3
edited 6:24 AM EST January 29, 2018
- by AnOldGuyNamedFinch at 8:48 AM EST on January 29, 2018
- Oddly enough, Superstar Saga works fine for me - the only ones I'm having issues with were the two that I mentioned, and I have absolutely no idea why.
- by MoldyPond at 9:02 AM EST on January 29, 2018
- It just happens with old rips and new updates. NHL Breakaway 98 for N64 suffers the same problem.
I'll try redownloading SS to see if it starts working for me as well.
- by MoldyPond at 7:12 PM EST on January 29, 2018
- Well whadya know, I guess Superstar Saga got fixed at some point :D
- by kode54 at 7:29 PM EST on January 29, 2018
- Rips are bad on real hardware, or a proper emulator, film at 11.
- by AnOldGuyNamedFinch at 9:34 PM EST on January 29, 2018
- Is there something I can do on my end to fix this or am I just out of luck for the time being?
- by MoldyPond at 12:57 AM EST on January 30, 2018
- The only way to fix it is to rerip the games properly.
- by AnOldGuyNamedFinch at 4:48 AM EST on January 30, 2018
- Unfortunately, that is far beyond my abilities as of this moment. I might look into it later on down the road when I know more about how it's done (assuming someone else doesn't beat me to the punch by then, of course).
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;