- DBZ by Zetto Kuzuuya at 3:35 PM EST on February 8, 2018
- I want this to be a page directly for ripping samples to make soundfonts, and ripping midis from dragon ball games all the way from the gameboy to even budokai tenkaichi.
(Note: I know the budokai tenkaichi games may not be sequenced, but some people are able to rip and make wii game .sf2s so why not look into it?)
(Note #2: I have recently tried looking into the legacy of goku midis and found only 2 exist. this is very odd to me since I have tried ripping the midis using the GBA ripper and the game DOES have the sappy engine, it said so when I tried to rip it, but it could not find any audio engine.)
- by soneek at 6:32 PM EST on February 8, 2018
- Make sure to do your research before making these threads. You can check JoshW to see if a game is streamed first before asking how to make soundfonts.
You’ll find that almost every DBZ game since PS2 is streamed. Some of the handheld games will be an exception, but the Legacy of Goku trilogy, Taiketsu, and DBGT Transformation use something other than Sappy for the music. Webfoot Technologies has a custom sound engine it seems.
DBZ Supersonic Warriors, and Dragonball Advanced Adventure are rippable with GBAMusRiper.
- by Zetto Kuzuuya at 8:56 AM EST on February 10, 2018
- dang, is there anything that can rip non sappy engine games?
- by Excalibur624 at 1:16 PM EST on February 10, 2018
- I've heard Advanced Adventure used Sappy
- by froggestspirit at 11:12 PM EST on March 1, 2018
- Here's my notes on the Legacy of Goku 2 US rom.
@030026DC in ram (pointer to current spot in current song)
first (working) song pointer in table? 0x1D4B40 (there might be songs before this, but this is near the start of the song table)
Song Start|Song Table Pointer|Song
0x17BA0A 0x17FA50 Title
0x16B529 0x16CBAC New Game intro
0x19C386 0x19E394 Gohan and Trunks
I don't know how much I'll be doing with these, but I've heard there's a rumor they use mod format or something. Remeber when in the rom to subtract 0x08000000 from the pointers
If someone could at least modify the rom, and use this to swap out songs that play on boot, we could have a GSF rip (similar to mystery dungeon explorers of sky), right? The pointer to the title song is at 0x1D4C58, I was changing this to other pointers in the table to test different songs. I'm also sure this can't be too far off for Buu's fury and Legacy of Goku 1, but I have not looked into those.
edited 11:18 PM EST March 1, 2018
edited 11:19 PM EST March 1, 2018
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0024s;