- Ripping Wii Startup Sound from BRSAR by ArcticJaguar725 at 1:50 AM EST on February 16, 2018
- So I've been having problems trying to rip the sounds found in the Wii System Menu's BRSAR archive. The sound I'm looking for in particular is the sound that plays as soon as the Wii Menu is loaded (surprisingly not part of the actual BGM I've discovered). So far, all of the tools I've tried to use (including VGMToolbox) have either failed completely or fail to find the sound that I'm looking for. I believe it has a name of WIPL_SE_WII_START in the archive.
- by simonmkwii at 8:19 AM EST on February 16, 2018
- Here's the file:
- Gift for you! by simonmkwii at 8:45 AM EST on February 16, 2018
- There is no program that rips all of the brsar sounds.
VGMTrans crashes when trying to export, the BRSAR extractor refuses to do stereo audio and BrawlBox spits out no data.
Luckily I made a working script which extracts every single audio sample from each bank inside brsar files!
To save you the trouble, here's every single sample inside the BRSAR:
EDIT: Turns out I might be the first person to ever do this, I wonder if there are any unused sounds to add to the Cutting Room Floor?
edited 8:49 AM EST February 16, 2018
- by MoldyPond at 10:52 AM EST on February 16, 2018
- Quick question as I haven't found an answer here.
Does anyone know if there's a rip of the actual wii menu music available?
Also thanks for the upload simonmkwii :D
Are those files already in wav or did you convert them before hand?
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 11:53 AM EST on February 16, 2018
- The Wii Menu music is all sequenced. The closest you'll probably ever come to an authentic rip is to dump it using Dolphin (unless you're going for a midi rip, in which case that should be possible I'd imagine).
- by MoldyPond at 4:03 PM EST on February 16, 2018
- ...aaaaand that's what I thought. Ripping with Dolphin isn't an issue except that its volume for dumping audio seems to be significantly quiter than it should (Try dumping any one of the streamed files from Mario Party 4, then open the actual streamed file itself and you'll know what I'm talking about)
Thanks though :3
- by Mr.Sanic at 4:57 PM EST on February 16, 2018
- i've ripped once the Photo Channel samples, but i simplisly lost them and forgot how to do it :/
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 6:08 PM EST on February 16, 2018
- I mean, there's no real reason you can't just amplify the dumped audio yourself if it's too quiet. The worst case is when the audio clips (which it absolutely does on a real Wii, though line-in is probably the best you can do with that anyway).
- by simonmkwii at 8:31 PM EST on February 16, 2018
- Yes, they were converted to wav for easy playback.
Also, I exported all the sequenced music as midi with a soundfont I compiled from the banks, I will upload them now!
I will also include multitracks which I converted to WAV.
- by simonmkwii at 9:11 PM EST on February 16, 2018
- Wii Menu music files:
Wii Menu BGM Midi + Soundfont
Wii Menu BGM Samples
Wii Menu BGM WAV Multitrack
Bonus! Wii Shop music files:
Wii Shop BGM Midi + Soundfont
Wii Shop BGM Multitrack
Wii Shop BGM Samples
Yeah, the Wii Shop music is too damn good not to include!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;