- Compiling VGMStream by froggestspirit at 12:08 PM EST on March 4, 2018
- Hello, I'm trying to compile VGMStream under linux mint, I'm getting a few errors when trying to use Kode54's repo: https://pastebin.com/f8ig1jFt
I seen that the error here seems to be with atrac9, so i tried setting the VGM_ENABLE_ATRAC9 to 0. doing so gives me a different error: https://pastebin.com/zgHdYyaB
I tried searching about installing dlltool, although there seemed to be very few resources for linux. I'll be looking to compile this on linux, and raspberry pi in the future, hopefully to implement a python wrapper for playback control
- by furrybob at 1:56 PM EST on March 4, 2018
- I can't remember exactly, but I think last time I built it on Linux I might have had to make a few tweaks to the makefile.
Disabling all external libraries might help too. Just be aware that for some reason, some libraries require a flag to disable them rather than a flag to enable them. See the first few dozen lines of vgmstream.h for more details.
- by bnnm at 2:09 PM EST on March 4, 2018
- If you are building the CLI tool, you need to call "make vgmstream_cli" (just "make" will build Windows-only components too), and set all VGM_ENABLE_x to 0 to disable all external libraries (see cli/Makefile).
If you want the Audacious plugin you can use automake (builds the CLI too), see the BUILD doc.
I think it's possible to build with extra libraries but needs many extra steps.
- by froggestspirit at 3:31 PM EST on March 4, 2018
- Thanks! I'll give that a try. I might look into maybe trying to control audacious through python, CLI only, as it has a lot of other game formats out of the box too
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0026s;