- Loop Points in Mass Effect 2 audio files by Dark_Ansem at 6:19 AM EDT on March 14, 2018
- I have tried for ages to get loop point information off ME2 files. However, extracted OGG audio does not feature it. What am I doing wrong?
edited 3:36 AM EDT March 15, 2018
- by simonmkwii at 7:00 AM EDT on March 14, 2018
- I believe they're present in the original Wwise audio files, but the ww2ogg utility used to convert it does not carry over that loop data.
Also, the ogg format doesn't have a loop method... yet!
I won't say any more than that for now!
Five little speckled frogs...
- by bxaimc at 9:10 AM EDT on March 14, 2018
- What’s ME2? Also, if there are no defined loop points in the comments within the tags, they’re probably in another file that’s related to it. If not, it’s probably in the exe itself. Otherwise, you could just rename to .logg
edited 9:34 AM EDT March 14, 2018
- by simonmkwii at 10:19 AM EDT on March 14, 2018
- I just assumed he meant Mass Effect 2, in which the dump on JoshW are Wwise to OGG conversions without any loop references.
- by bxaimc at 10:46 AM EDT on March 14, 2018
- Man, if they’re conversions, they need to be reripped ;_;
- by simonmkwii at 12:20 PM EDT on March 14, 2018
- There's this string in the ogg files.
It technically is a conversion, the original format is RIFF vorbis, while the output format is Ogg vorbis.
Whether any re-encoding takes place, I'm not really sure, but it certainly is being repackaged.
- by bxaimc at 1:11 PM EDT on March 14, 2018
- For the originals, all you have to do is add a .wem extension (if it doesn’t already) and vgmstream should be able to play them just fine without converting now :)
- by Dark_Ansem at 3:37 AM EDT on March 15, 2018
- I'm talking about Mass effect 2.
Bxaimc, how to take the originals out?
The audio files are actually inside .afc files, and I don't know how to take them out.
edited 3:37 AM EDT March 15, 2018
- by Dark_Ansem at 7:54 PM EDT on March 16, 2018
- Any help on how to get the original files off the .afc archives?
- by Dark_Ansem at 7:28 AM EDT on March 18, 2018
- Before I forget: would this also apply to the PC version of Lords of Shadow castlevania? the possibility of extracting the WEM files directly?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;